PDA

View Full Version : Info re further Hanna markdowns

wagner36
01-03-2005, 10:39 PM
So, I finally went to the Oakbrook Hanna store yesterday. I was pretty disappointed, since I expected that things would be a litte bit more marked-down. I talked to the manager, and asked her if and when the big mark-down (50% off the sale prices) would happen, since last year I ended up buying so many baby gifts for virtually nothing, which was great since so many of my friends and colleagues had babies this year - I gave everyone the cable knit blanket/hat/sweater combo or the zoo pals jacket (for $19) and the zippy stripes set.

So, she said that she was surprised that more people weren't asking, but that last year was the first and only time they've done that, and it was because they were having trouble getting rid of their stock before the next catalog came out. She said that the new catalog is due out the first week of February at the latest. She said that they had no idea if they were going to have further mark-downs, but to call every day (and particularly on Fridays), but that based on the huge amount of stock that they have (compared to last year when the did the further markdowns and this summer when they did not), she thinks it will be likely...

westchicagomom
01-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the update. It did seem like they had a lot of inventory left when I was there right before Christmas and I don't think their "sale" prices are causing anything to fly off the racks.

I got a card in the mail today saying that the new catalog would be in my mailbox in 2 weeks.

Let's hope you get to have another Hanna spending spree around your birthday this year!

kelly ann
01-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Tara-

Make sure you check online prices before visiting that store. I was so ticked off at them last year. They had not done markdowns on items that were marked down lower online as well as at Woodfield. I mentioned this a couple times to a girl there and asked why they were not marking down the items. It wasn't like they were making more money off of us since the items ring up at the correct lower price. She just implied that they employees at the store probably didn't care! I was so ticked that I sent a complaint off to headquarters. That is probably why they had so much stock last year!

C99
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Tara,

Thanks for the update. I was there on Saturday and did not ask about further markdowns (although I also was disappointed that there weren't more). When I was checking out, I mentioned that I was bummed that the LAB fleece wasn't the same price as online and she said that it was, so I got it. Please let me know if you find out if they are going to do further markdowns, as I think I want to return of the items and I might as well do it when I know the sales are going to be good!

mharling
01-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Let me know too! Maybe post on our Chicago group? Hint, hint. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

wagner36
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes, I am the big dork that is calling Hanna every day. My friend is taking the weekends, but I'm in charge of weekdays. Good think I'm slow at work in January - I seriously don't know what to do with myself after working 16 hour days for the past month or so! Anyway, the manager (?) told me today that, as far as she knew, there would be additional items that are reduced from full-price to 30% off on Friday, but that the current sale items, as far as she knew, would not be marked down any further. She thought they were still a couple of weeks from that.

Mary and Caroline - I promise to post on our chicago group when they happen! I have to go to South Carolina Mon-Weds for that Dr. appt, but I'll make DH post if I find anything out with my daily call!