PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I earn more Gymbucks?

vpalmer
01-05-2005, 08:54 AM
I am kicking myself for being SO good and not earning more than one Gymbuck. I am already filling my cart up with cute spring clothes and Wildflowers hasn't even been released yet! Anyone know if there will be a non Gymbuck related sale anytime soon?

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

parkersmama
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Well, you know Gymboree...I'm sure there'll be another sale pretty soon! LOL! Easter is earlier this year so they'll have to be getting Easter clothing out pretty soon so I'd think that would push other things to going on sale.

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
I hear ya because guess how many I earned??? ZE-RO! I have no Gymbucks this time around. In a way, that's good because it means that I didn't needlessly spend money on clothing that we didn't need. I wasn't head over heals over any of the lines out during GB redemption so I didn't bother.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled for a good sale because I really like the Layette Valentine's stuff and Dandelion Wishes so far. None the less I'm glad I don't have to deal with the headache of Gymbucks. Being an online only shopper makes it a pain in the rear.

vpalmer
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I felt exaclty the same way Kerry. I have not really been crazy about many of the recent lines although I did manage to earn one Gymbuck. But now I am wishing for a sale! I agree re: the hassle of gymbucks though. If I had Gymbucks I would be tied to buying during that time, now I can buy during that sale they are going to have the next weekend when all the lines go on sale. ;-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

karin4
01-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I have zero, too. I like DW a lot, and wish I had one or two gymbucks to give me an excuse to go buy an outfit or two. But like you, I just didn't see a gymbuck's worth of merchandise that I wanted during earning time!

And Denise is right...it's Gymbo, after all-- a non-GB sale can't be more than a week away!:D

sdbc
01-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Because somewhere, deep in your heart, you know that Gymbucks are a rip-off. :)

If you get $25 Gymbucks when you spend $50, and you have to spend $50 to redeem, that means you get $100 worth of clothes for $75. Therefore, it's only a 25% discount, which you can almost always get at Gymbo (except during Gymbucks redemption when they totally avoid putting stuff on sale!). Not to mention, you almost always end up spending more than $50 and less than $100 and only get 1 Gum Buck. PLUS the downside that you have to buy the stuff during certain times.

I love Gymbo, but I'm soooo anti-Gymbucks unless I am going to buy stuff, anyway.

vpalmer
01-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes, you are right! But I think I am going through Gymbuck withdrawal. Every time I say I am not going to earn Gymbucks and every time I cave and earn 3-4. I think this may be the first time in two years I have only had one Gymbuck. :o Coming off an addiction takes time!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

stella
01-05-2005, 10:08 PM
If you re-phrased your question, it would be "Why didn't I spend more money and buy more clothes that I didn't necessarily love just because I could then get a discount later on?"

That's how I try to think of it!! And it makes me feel thrifty (ha ha!).

You should be congratulating yourself on your restraint!!

vpalmer
01-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Wow, you make it sound so good!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

khakismom
01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Veronica, there's gotta be a sale around the corner! We're talking about Gymbo here--there's always a sale. ;) I have zero GBs myself. I've been restraining myself the past couple of months. From DW, I really want to get Kathleen the reversible plaid skirt that Amy Grace modeled for us. And from SC, I love the striped pants and bathing suit for Ellen.

So I'm waiting for a sale. :) There *has* to be one coming soon!

vpalmer
01-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Maureen,

We are eyeing the same pieces! Also, I know Ellen and Eva are not in BG yet, but there are two things that I think might work as great. The first is this pair of capris in a size 3. I was in the store the other day and they were almost the same length as the GWL cropped jeans that fit Eva perfectly as regular pants now. Also, the waist is adjustable! I don't know about Ellen, but Eva does not own a pair of plain jeans and I have wishing for a pair all season to wear with the CAAB striped sweater. This way I get the jean and capris for the longterm. Here are the capris:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19272.jpg

The other piece I am looking at is the swim cover up that matches the SC striped swimsuit in BG. Even though it is a size 3, it is pretty shapeless, short sleeved and a dress, so I was thinking it might work. What do you think? We go to the pool all the time in the summer and I really wanted a cover up last year but never got one.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19273.jpg

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

khakismom
01-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Since Eva is tall, those items would probably be perfect. I LOVE those capris--adorable! And I love the idea of her wearing them as pants now and capris next summer. I may have to get those for Kathleen. I always see more cute stuff in the store that I never notice online.

Super-cute coverup! I was actually digging these at Old Navy. Plus, they could be worn as a regular dress in the summer--reminds me of the little terry cloth dresses I wore in ths 70s--groovy! :)

http://secure.www.oldnavy.com/assets/product/main/onb271059-00p1.jpg

vpalmer
01-06-2005, 02:58 PM
That is a great cover up you found at Old Navy. I may have to check that out. I bet the price is better and the colors are perfect! I also love that it can also be worn as a dress.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03