PDA

View Full Version : Gymbo Question: Will Dandelion Wishes go on sale before Gymbucks redemption?

MeredithsMom
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows this, based on past patterns? I'm new to the whole Gymbucks system (it's driving me nuts!). I have 3 Gymbucks and so have allotted myself $150 to spend during redemption (i.e. $75). I just went through the clothes online, putting things in my basket at will just to get an idea. My first total was $459. LOL!!!! I've got it down to $319, but now I'm just hoping that DW goes on sale before redemption. I cannot spend what I spent on 3-6 mo. clothes, that's for sure!

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know.

vpalmer
01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Based on recent patterns I would say no, DW will not go one sale. It seems like in the last year or so, Gymboree has waited until right after Gymbucks to discount lines, even if they have been out for a little while.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

Samraelanelevi
01-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Funny that the PP said that b/c I was thinking it would go on sale. I believe there is another line coming out yet-right? And I think a swim line will be out too. So I think that when that line comes out then DW will go on sale-2/3 full price lines and the rest on sale. Seems to me there is a lot of leftovers at Gymboree right now and they need to clean house.

brubeck
01-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Another possibility: in the last year there have been a few times where they reduced lines AFTER Gymbucks redemption started but before it ended.

urbanmama
01-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I can recall only one time in the recent past when that has happened. Last year, WW was marked down a couple of days after redemption started and it was a HUGE fiasco. Customer service got flooded with angry phone calls and agreed to grant PAs for all of the WW stuff previously purchased with Gymbucks (even though Gymbuck purchases are supposed to be "final").

So... I'd be very surprised if they did that again since it was such a mess last time. However, with Gymboree, you never know...

MeredithsMom
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Wow. So I guess it's anybody's guess? Somehow I figured as much! Thanks, ladies. Looks like I've got some narrowing down to do.

lctippins
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
I needed to return something, so I asked the SA if she thought DW would go on sale for GymBuck redemption. She said she "wouldn't be surprised" if it did because it is not selling well. Is that code for "yes, it will be going on sale" or does she really not know... got me! I almost told her that I'm not surprised it isn't selling well since you'd have to live in a cave and only come out once a year not to know that you should never pay full price for anything from Gymboree!

She also showed me the look book, so I got a peek at Wildflower Fields. Looked like mostly muted greens, yellows, and oranged, and I noticed a number of peasant-style tops. I'll have to see this IRL before I get excited.

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

brubeck
01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
They did it again last year in March with the baseball/sports boys line. I remember because I bought an outfir the day redemption started and a week later it was 20% off (it had been full price before). The store refused to give me a PA.