PDA

View Full Version : Was going to order 2 pair of Robeez from softmoc.com - $15 to ship!

Canna
01-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm kind of annoyed. I was excited about ordering two pairs of Robeez shoes from softmoc.com - their prices on the shoes are good. I had entered all my info at checkout before I discovered that their LEAST expensive shipping option (via UPS) costs over $15! The shipping makes the shoes not much of a deal at all...comes out to $5 less than the Robeez site itself, but I'm just irritated!!

HHCs Mom
01-06-2005, 09:31 AM
I have looked at their site before and noticed that the shipping charges change from time to time. Once it was $8 and once it was $5. It's very strange. They'll have a good deal on Robeez and then shipping will be $8 or something --- to send a pair of Robeez! Whatever! I just ended up getting mine locally instead since I found a place that had the ones I wanted. ITA, very irritating. x(

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

jess_g
01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I think its because they are shipping from Canada and that is alway more expensive than shipping within the US. I have bought 2 pairs of Robeez on ebay now and had no problems with either transaction. The shipping was about $4 each time from Canada and they came pretty quickly. I love my sons Robeez but am sad that he will need real shoes soon since he is just starting to walk. I will have to start looking for some cute first walkers now but Robeez are great shoes.

Jessica.

lotsofjoy
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
My older DD wore her Robeez almost exclusively until she was 2. The only time she wore anything else was when it was too wet outside for the Robeez!

steph01
01-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I think if you want more than one pair, it is cheaper to order else where. Robeez site has a flat shipping rate regardless of how many pairs you buy.

RJPO
01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I ordered two pairs of Robeez from softmoc.com for my baby-to-be's Christmas present, and not only did they charge me $15 to ship -- they sent them in TWO separate shipments, in two separate boxes, which arrived at exactly the same time.

I don't why they didn't combine shipping on these two tiny little light pairs of shoes, but I guess softmoc works in mysterious (and kind of stupid, IMHO) ways.

Rachel
Mom to
Mary India, born 6/21/98
James Jolyon, due 3/23/05

babymama
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Santiago has been walking for at least 3 months and he still wears Robeez and Shoos Shoos. I bought him a pair of first walker type shoes and we hardly ever use them. I prefer the soft sole shoe on him for now.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03