PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Barnyard Sweater?

kcimato
01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I just received the barnyard sweater in the mail and purchased it for a gift. Do you think it is too girly looking for a boy? The fringe around the sleeves and bottom make me think so. Does anyone have this for a boy?

jakobsmommie
01-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I received this entire outfit for a gift myself.
I had thought at first that it looked very BOYish for my DD.

I've since put it on her and LOVE it.

I would recommend for a boy without question.

Mommyto3
01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
The crochet/fringe on the edges is exactly why I didn't buy it when it first came out for my son...I love the sweater, but I couldn't decide who I would put it on..my 15mos old daughter or my 3mos old son. I got the blanket..which I adore...and someone was saying how much they loved it and I was telling them about the sweater and why I didn't buy it..and they agreed..so I just steered clear. As beautiful as it is...I am personally not a fan of gender neutral clothes.

iluvmy2boys
01-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I had bought it for my 2.5yo son but he never wore it (just never put it on him) and my friend said if Holden wasn't gonna wear it, she'd take it for her son! So I gave her the barnyard sweater adn it looks SO cute on her son!!

smkinc
01-05-2005, 11:42 PM
I bought this for my almost 2 year old, he's worn it once with the black comfort cords and with these pants it looks boyish enough to me. In fact I'd even put him in it with his light blue wiggle pants. It is adorable with the Baa hat also.

HTH,
Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

westchicagomom
01-06-2005, 01:37 AM
IMO it is a bit girly looking because of the fringe. I think it would be fine on an infant/young toddler boy though. And if one isn't overly sensitive about the "gender" of clothing, I think it would be okay for an older boy too. It's a great sweater!

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-06-2005, 05:15 AM
The thing I love about the barnyard sweater is that it's so "baby." So generically baby. :) And sweet to boot. I think it could work for a baby boy or girl. I kind of understand why it didn't work out for Jenn's Holden because I do think it looks better on a baby versus a toddler. But I would absolutely get it for a baby boy! I think it's a beautiful gift sweater at that price too - $24. Go get one!

sumertime
01-06-2005, 11:09 AM
I LOVE it, but when I showed it to DH on Hanna's website, he told me no way! I think it is a adorable. He hated everything about it, including the color blocks. So my vote is that it would be perfect, but DH's is NO WAY!

Melanie
01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
I think the fringe makes it girly.

AdoptChina
01-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Baby boy...I think it could look cute.....toddler boy, I think it looks a bit too girly

kcimato
01-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the opinions everyone! I had already bought the sweater before I asked the question and hadn't even noticed the fringe when I bought it. It is for my grandchild to be born in June so we don't know the sex yet. Maybe it will be a girl and I won't have to stress out about it. I bought it in a 60 so it will fit come fall/winter. I got the blanket on sale for $28 and the zipper. Had to pay full price for that. Yikes.