PDA

View Full Version : Lands End ? re: open-bottom vs closed-bottom climber pants for boys??

iluvmy2boys
01-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok - so Holden is ALMOST pottytrained and Ashton's well on his way as well (yes finally, at almost 6yrs old!!!). I KNOW the climber pants will be PERFECT for them because they're elastic in the waist and in Holden's case, I can use the belt to tighten them a bit. What I'm wondering is, will the closed-bottom climber pants look silly on either of them? I'm thinking they'll be okay on Holden since he's younger, but what about Ashton? I really think we NEED the closed-bottom pants for him because he needs a 6 for the waist but then they end up being WAY too long usually and I HATE having to roll his pants up 2-3times (and they never stay that way). Also, how do these pants fit? Holden's in a 2t in all pants for length (but we only buy gap since they have the adjustable waist), so will the 2t work for him here as well or should I possibly consider going up to the 3t?

What about Ashton? He wears a 5 or a 6 in pants, depending on the style/brand. Typically a 6 is more comfy in the waist for him but he needs a 5 for length (he really needs a husky 5, but nobody makes a husky in that size, they all start at a 6).

So - 6 for Ashton and 2t for Holden? Open-bottom for both or the traditional closed-bottom for both or what?

kalebsmama
01-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Jenn, I have both the open and closed bottom pants for Kaleb. He is sleeping now, but I will compare them in the morning and can check them against Gap pants too. Mine are all 3T since we need the length and we can cinch the waist.

The only thing about the closed is that I'm not crazy about the look with some shoes. Kaleb has a pair of brown boots that they look silly with IMO. They look fine with tenners. Also, Kaleb likes to take his pants all the way off when he potties and it's easier with the open bottoms.

parkersmama
01-05-2005, 11:39 PM
We've had/have both and I actually think I might prefer the closed bottom. The open bottom are a bit weird to me because they have a "dress pants" look to them and therefore look a bit goofy with casual shirts and tennis shoes. The closed bottom have the look of camos or sweats and seem more right with casual stuff. Also, they are fabulous for being able to buy a bit big and last for a while! They are pretty rugged, too. I don't remember wearing any holes through the knees of them but all our other jeans get massive holes. :)

iluvmy2boys
01-05-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go to the 3t for length anyhow after looking at their website. Holden is probably 36-37in and I don't think the 2t will have enough growing room.

My boys usually only ever wear tennis shoes so that's no biggie :)

The closed bottom ones will actually be GOOD in that Ashton can't take his pants off all the way, we're trying to teach him that he can't do that anymore (he's almost 6 tho)

iluvmy2boys
01-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks so much Denise! I KNEW You've had these before so I was hoping you'd see the post and reply.

I'm wondering if the 6s will be big enough or if I shoudl get a 7? Hmmm! Since they're closed bottom the 7s should theoretically work, maybe?? Do Lands End pants generally run true to size or what? Ashton's wearing a 5 in gymboree and gap jeans (but barely, they're really too small on his little pot belly) and wears a 6 in wranglers.

AdoptChina
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
We had the open bottom cargo climbers in 2t....they were way too long (Connor wears 18-24...he is 32 1/4 inches tall). They fit well in the waist though.
I like the open bottom ones best.

parkersmama
01-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I've always found LE pants to run pretty true to size. I generally buy them the same size as our Gymbo pants and they fit well. If he's wearing a 5 from Gymbo right now, I think I'd go up to a 6 for some growing room. Also, keep in mind that they can be returned to Sears and LE will ship you replacements in a different size for free so that will help if they are the wrong size! :)

slknight
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Same experience here. I just ordered the open bottom ones in the 2t and they're also really long. Alex is either 18-24 or 2t. I think he's about 33.5 inches tall. I'm going to have to send them back because they're really long.