PDA

View Full Version : Zippers again - lightweight means?

darby24
01-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I realize zippers are very popular here so I figure someone will be able to help. I'm potentially buying a zipper for my youngest nephew, of course the regular price is way out of my range so I'm looking at the sale page. The pumpkin zipper is regular organic, while there's also lightweight zippers & stripes.

My question is, how lightweight is lightweight? I have seen Hanna's in person but that was over 6 months ago and my memory isn't that good. So is there a big difference between the two zippers?

Of course if there's the luck of a 20% coupon I'll take both, but I'd still love to know. TIA

edit to remove old avatar

LucyG
01-07-2005, 06:37 AM
We have regular zippers (barnyard, some stripes, and older mouse print), and I can describe our temp. and how we use them. We keep our house around 60 degrees at night. DD has been wearing her zippers to bed since October. We live in Georgia, so it's not terribly cold. She sleeps with her blankie (lovey), but is usually not covered by a blanket, and generally doesn't wear socks to bed. I anticipate that she will wear the zippers til around April, when it will start to get warm. I think they are a good weight. I was afraid they were more like sweatshirt material before we got some, but I really do think the weight is appropriate for most temperatures (for sleeping at least). She doesn't wear the zippers as outfits, but I would definitely put a younger baby in one for daywear in the fall/winter/early spring. Hope that helps you some!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

steph01
01-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I never realized that they had a light weight version. Where is it on the website? We have several zippers and I think that they could be worn year round, especially if you air condition your house in the summer. BTW, IMO the organic zippers are a little softer than the non-organic. I ordered the pumpkin, and it is very cute, but the orange is a little brighter than it seemed online. HTHs.

C99
01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
My guess is that they are 1-ply cotton instead of 2-ply. I have some older Hanna zippers and they tend to be a thinner weight cotton than the new ones I have, which seem almost as if they are 2-ply thick.

FYI, they have a the zippers & dots (leaf green, blue) and striped zippers (mostly pinks) at the outlet for $28. You could call and place a phone order.

darby24
01-08-2005, 12:55 AM
The lightweight zippers are on the Halloween page $28
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C2%7C1%7C156%7C214%7C8%7C%7C

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Style/27413_G98.jpg http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Style/27413_115.jpg

HTH

darby24
01-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. Of course now the pumpkin zipper is gone in 80 so I'll really have to think this through.

The 1-ply vs 2-ply makes sense (I remember them feeling so soft!) And thanks for the outlet tip as well, my sister loves the leaf green.

R2sweetboys
01-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Keep watching the Hanna website because they may come back. I've been watching several woman's items and some baby items. One day they will show out of stock for one or all sizes, and the next day, those sizes might be available. I've seen it happen several times with different things. After midnight I've noticed the change a lot of times. Good luck! Oh, as someone else suggested, try calling an outlet. I got some zippers and stripes in the green/blue pattern for my son a while back for $15 at the Kittery,Maine outlet. These were the only color combo for that price. The rest were $28 though, still on sale. It's definitely worth checking. I also just bought some NWT long johns in grey/white stripes on ebay.(come to think of it,email me if you'd want them,they're size 80 and DS really needs a 90) I'm always checking the Hanna site so I'll email you if I notice the pumpkin zippers in stock. What size do you need?
~Leslie
ETA: Duh! Just re-read your post and saw that you want the 80.
SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

R2sweetboys
01-08-2005, 01:55 AM
I just emailed you.:)

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

ktdid74
01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow, I never noticed a lightweight difference. DD sleeps in hers everynight. We have the pink dots and lots of striped ones. We're in Maine and it's in the teens or below at night. She's always nice and toasty in hers. We keep the heat at 64 at night, too.

papal
01-08-2005, 04:52 PM
No idea about the lightweight but I am amazed that so many kiddos are sleeping in just their zippers! We keep our apartment around 73 at all times and we still put leela in a onesie, a zipper and the thin fleece Target sleepers at night. And if either one of us wakes up, we cover her back up with a blanket. One night her hands were still cold so we added a pair of pants and a sweater over that!
Just a zipper without socks... no way for us! :)