PDA

View Full Version : What to do with only 1 Gymbuck?

jennifer_r
01-07-2005, 04:50 PM
This time I only have one gymbuck - I just wasn't crazy about the latest lines or I bought them before Gymbucks (I bought AS and BF during the tiered sale). Well, the 25% off sale is until the 11th. Isn't that when the newest lines come out? Now, from what I've heard those lines sound adorable and I could see myself getting the entire lines from both. But I only have one Gymbuck!!! Wishful thinking: there's probably no chance that on the 11th they'll also have the new lines reflecting the discount, right? Now, during Gymbucks, they also usually don't have sales on the newest lines, correct? I'm just worried that if I wait too long - even if it's the first sale after Gymbucks - that they'll be out of the clothes that I want for DD. I guess I could buy what I can with one Gymbuck and then buy again at the end of Gymbucks or shortly after and hope for a PA when a sale comes up.

If a new line is popular, how long is it before it goes on sale?

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

vikivoly
01-07-2005, 06:46 PM
No one is expecting the new lines to be on sale for gymbuck redemption, so I would buy what you like now and save your gymbuck for the new lines. I don't think the new line will be sold out after this gymbuck redemption, because many Gymbo shoppers were like you and didn't buy a lot during the earnings period.

If you decide to spend more than $50 during redemption period, be sure to divide your purchases into two seperate sales. If you do a return you'll lose some of your gymbuck value.

urbanmama
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Jennifer,

No, they won't have a sale on the newest lines during Gymbuck redemption. That definitely won't happen.

However, it IS possible that the new line (the wildflower one) that is coming out for redemption actually MIGHT be on sale on the 11th. This sale runs through the 11th and usually new lines are up on the internet on Tuesdays. So, they might possibly overlap. This actually happened a couple of weeks ago when Dandelion Wishes came out. However, I've never seen anything like this happen before Gymbuck redemption, so I wouldn't count on it. Gymboree has been VERY unpredictable lately though so anything is possible!

New lines *used* to go on sale about 3 weeks after they came out. However, now Gymboree decides based on how well a line is selling.

vpalmer
01-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Jennifer,

I am in the exact same position. I bought Bubble Fun with the tiered sale as soon as it came out and I was not crazy about any of the lines that come out during the Gymbuck earning period. I did manage to earn one Gymbuck though as well. I loved Sugar Cookie and I think I will really like Wildflowers as well. I went ahead and bought everything I liked from Sugar Cookie and a few other things now during this sale. I will use my lonely little Gymbuck for my absolute favorite outfit from Wildflowers. Then I will wait and get other outfits during later sales. This will be a big and deep line (think Tip Toe from last year) so I think you should be fine to wait until a sale later on. FWIW, swimsuits, accessories, a-line tops and shoes seem to sell out the quickest. I doubt DW or any newer line will go on sale during Gymbucks although it is possible.

Have fun shopping,
Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03