PDA

View Full Version : More pics of DW...

urbanmama
01-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I had some clothing that I received as a gift to return so I decided to take advantage of the extra 25% off and do it today. I thought I'd share some pics of my girls modeling (reluctantly) their new outfits.

Ella Paige in the froggie outfit. She also has the socks, but I bought the wrong size. I *almost* bought the shoes too, but at $34 regular price, they would only be $25.50 on sale and I couldn't justify spending that on a pair of shoes that would be worn with one outfit.

And, for those of you with older daughters, I thought I'd share Anneliese's new outfits too. I *love* this Dream polo and the reversible skirt!! Unfortunately, the skirt does not have an adjustable waist though and I am not a seamstress, so I'm not sure if I should size down (which I hate to do) or what. Anyway, here it is both ways:

Here is Anneliese wearing the basic denim capris. I *love* these too and so did she!! She is still wearing the dream polo because I am waiting to buy other shirts during redemption:

I also bought EP the veggie cardigan from GWL to go with her veggie jeans, but I didn't take a picture of it since Amy Grace modeled it already. And I also bought EP the skirted swimsuit from the Valentine's line, but I haven't tried it on her yet.

If you don't mind, I thought I'd share a couple of pics from Christmas. The first one is the girls in their smocked dresses from Strasburg:

And the next one is Ella Paige in a dress that I also bought from Strasburg. I *love* this picture!!

*Edited to delete pics*

kensjen
01-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Cute, cute photos!! I love seeing photos of your girls, they are adorable.
And yes, that last one of EP is priceless! :) Thanks for sharing!

ktdid74
01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
It's so nice to see your girls again! They look great in their new outfits! I really love their holiday dresses, too. Your DD's are angels :)

karin4
01-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Ah, Marie...*deep, deep sigh*. Those Christmas pictures are just lovely. Your girls are just so beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE those dresses, both the red and the blue ones. Sigh again!

The DW outfits are very cute. I love the froggies on Ella Paige. A very sweet outfit.

Anneliese's enthusiasm more than compensates for EPs reluctance! That skirt is fabulous on her. I especially like the navy blue side.

What did you think of this dress?
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19348.jpg
I absolutely loved it when I first saw it, but then wasn't sure I liked the fabric. Since it's only in big girl and I think a 3 would swallow Eliza whole, I didn't pursue it further, but I just loved the sweet, classic look, and I'm hoping to see it on someone's daughter here.

vpalmer
01-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Marie,

You daughters are adorable as usual! I love the capris on your older daughter. I got themfor Eva and I hope they fit! The dresses are beautiful and the blue dress looks amazing with EP's eyes.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

heidis2girls
01-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Marie, it's so nice to see pictures of your girls again! Both look adorable in their outfits. The dresses are gorgeous, too. The last picture of Ella Paige is precious!

I am thinking about getting the denim capris for Hannah and Sarah, too. How did they fit size-wise?

Joshuasmommy
01-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Your girls are both adorable! I love their Christmas dresses. That blue dress is the perfect shade for Ella Paige, it makes her eyes just look amazing.

lrucci
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Marie,

Great pictures - as usual. I just love seeing pictures of Ella Paige and Annaliese. They look gorgeous in their Christmas dresses.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

parkersmama
01-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Marie, they are both sooooo cute! I love their expressions! I can tell they just have the cutest personalities. :)

The froggie outfit is TDF. I wasn't sure if I wanted any frogs but I'm rethinking that one now. :) And I'm with you...I love, love, love the polo and reversible skirt! And those capri jeans are fabulous! Why don't they have them for babies?? So cute! They remind me of a pair that Hanna had in the fall that came in khaki or denim. Remember those?

The Christmas dresses are so sweet. I love traditional smocked dresses but I never like the ones available around here. And the blue dress is darling. She looks like an old-fashioned china doll. :D

vikivoly
01-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Marie,

Thanks for posting those pics. I can't decide what to buy during this sale and the redemption and it's always nice to see the clothes on real models. Your girls look fabulous and I just love the reversible skirt - sizing looks fine in the pic, btw.

Your Christmas pictures are adorable and I *love* that last one too!

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Marie, between you and Harper's mom, you ladies have me sold on the frog pants. Your girls look so sweet in their DW stuff. I love those capri's on Anneliese.

Now, as for those Strasburg dresses, they are to die for. I am definitely going to be paying more attention to their dresses for the holidays and special occasions from now on. I wonder what they will offer for Easter.

That last photo of Ella Paige is beautiful. And in the photo of the two girls in front of the tree, it looks like Anneliese is showing her excitement about Santa coming. So cute!! Your girls are simply beautiful.

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all of sweet comments, everyone!! Your kind words are just what I needed :) !

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks!! You are so sweet :) !

I really like that blue dress. It is so simple and classic looking. It is definitely on my list of items to consider for redemption. I've got to check out the fabric closer though. The blue would look amazing with Anneliese's eyes!

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks!!

Is Eva tall?? Ella Paige is still wearing 12-18 month pants with room to spare. In fact, the froggie pants in the picture I posted are 12-18!!

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the nice comments!

I think that the denim capris are fitting pretty true-to-size. Anneliese wears a size 4 in full-length pants, but I bought the capris in a size 5 and just tightened the adjustable waist. That worked well. Now the capris are a little longer (which I prefer) and she has some room to grow in them.

I really like them!! They will be super-versatile and I think we'll get a lot of use out of them.

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Thank you!!

I definitely think you should consider the froggie outfit. It really is precious! I wish the shirt wasn't white or had more detailing or something, but the adorable pants more than make up for it.

I'm really happy with the reversible shirt and the polo shirt. And the denim capris are so cute and super-versatile! I think we'll get a lot of use out of them. I'm soooo happy that I found a couple of things that I *love* for Anneliese. I might have mentioned that I've been having trouble with that lately ;-) .

I, too, wish that they had the denim capris for baby girl. And, along that line, why don't they have the SC swim coverup for baby girl? And the basic white sweater in Kid Girl-- don't babies need plain white sweaters? I just don't get it.

Your comment about EP looking like a china doll made me smile. That's what I always think when I look at that picture.

urbanmama
01-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Glad that we could help "sell" you on the froggie pants. They really are cute!!

You definitely should consider Strasburg for some of your special occasions. I really love their dresses. They have an old-fashioned, classic style that I love.

I *love* smocked bishops and Strasburg always offers those. Unfortunately, I think that this is the last year that Anneliese will be wearing the bishop style dresses.

memedee
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
The girls are precious and the outfits too.
I also really like your shelves .
Did you have them built?
They are so neat looking

vpalmer
01-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Marie,

Eva is in the 95th percentile for height and is 33”, which is the beginning of 2T. I bought her the GWL cropped pants in a 2T and the fit her well but as regular jeans. I actually held up the GWL cropped pants in the store with the 3 capris and they appeared to be about the same length, so I am hoping they work! Eva has a little belly and with the adjustable waist I am hoping we can wear then as jeans for a while. Somehow we got this far in the season without a single pair of plain jeans. They all have some type of decoration on them. I sure hope they fit!! I also actually ordered the swim cover up in a 3 as well. I will post pictures when they get here. I ordered online so I could get short sleeves.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

Phoebe
01-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Love the pictures, M. So cute! I'm glad you posted the DW on Anneliese since I may consider that skirt for Daisy. What size did you get in the skirt? I may do a 4 in the top and a 3 in the skirt.

The holiday pictures are wonderful. Your girls are always so cooperative... but what happened to the kim possible stance? ;) I miss that.

I almost did a smocked bishop dress this year. I'll have to look at Strasburg and Orient Expressed for Easter outfits.

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

stacyleigh
01-09-2005, 01:29 AM
marie~your girls are just darling! i am loving the froggie outfit for EP! i am pretty sure that is coming home with us for redemption (i also love the gap ladybug pants though and am worried that the style is too similar). Anneliese looks great also and i am so glad you found some things you like for her.

what great christmas pics! how sweet they are all dressed to open presents...we just open in our jammies! lol

btw~lucy is walking now so i was thinking we should get her and EP together for a playdate. i will pm you sometime soon!! :)

urbanmama
01-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks!!

The shelving unit is actually from Ikea. We were going to do built-ins but then I saw these and thought they would work well. They are *perfect* for our playroom and A LOT cheaper than hiring a carpenter!!!

urbanmama
01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks, M!! I promise that next time I take a pic of Anneliese, I'll have her "go Kim Possible" for you :) .

I got Anneliese a 5 in the skirt, but I may exchange it for a 4. I like the length of the 5, but the waist is a little big and it is not adjustable. I'm just trying to decide if she will grow into it by the spring/summer.

urbanmama
01-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks!! How exciting that Lucy is walking now!! Definitely PM me when you have time. We'd love to get together :-) .

Re: our Christmas pics-- we actually open presents from family on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning is just presents from Santa. So... the picture of the girls in their red dresses was from Christmas Eve. Opening presents on Christmas morning was definitely done in PJs!

heidis2girls
01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Marie, you are so sweet, you always reply to everyone! Thank you for your information about the capris. I bought the basic denim capris last year for the girls and they got so much wear out of them! I still have them and will try them on the girls before I buy new ones. I'm pretty sure that Sarah's won't fit (even though I bought a size larger), but Hannah's may fit Sarah so maybe I can get away with only buying one pair.

I really like this line. I love the skirt you bought for Anneliese, too. I bought the DW full length jeans for both girls and love them! They fit pretty true to size, in case you are considering them. I got Hannah a 5 which is what she usually wears. I got a 4 for Sarah and they are a little long but just fit in the waist! She still has a bit of a belly, but they aren't too tight so she'll be fine.

Thanks again!