PDA

View Full Version : Sizing charts for shoes?

sdbc
01-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a shoe-sizing chart for various brands? DD is 8 months old and starting to cruise. So far the only shoes she has are robeez-style shoes. I'm pretty sure that she will be walking well come summer, and there is a big consignment sale in our area coming soon (plus some great sandal sales at Gymbo). I have no idea what the different sizes mean, 3, 4, etc. Also, some brands have entirely different sizing systems altogether! Can someone who understands it all either shed some light for me, or guide me to where I can find the info?

Thanks!

Sue

Momof3Labs
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Your best bet is to bring her to a children's shoe store or Nordstroms and have her sized. It's not only length, but also width, that is important in finding shoes in the right size.

squimp
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
It might be hard to find this for several brands. Here's a link to a sizing chart, for comparison of Euro and US sizing. But I agree, the best thing to do is go to a shoe store, get your child measured and try on shoes. Especially since the show charts give no info about widths, which are critical - lots of babies have wide feet.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/global/shoechart.pdf

Stuff I wish I'd known earlier: I would wait until your baby is walking well until you buy shoes with hard soles, for no other reason that they really scuff up the toes of shoes when they're still crawling. I learned this the hard way with a pretty pair of european MJs. Also, they don't really stretch out their feet until they're walking, and it's hard to keep "hard" shoes on until then.