PDA

View Full Version : I haven't bought any baby clothes in months...

s_gosney
01-09-2005, 12:21 AM
and it's KILLING me! Kylee has WAY too many clothes, so I had to make myself stop buying long ago. I've decided that from now on I'm not going to buy her whole wardrobe for a particular season before the season begins, if that makes sense. I think I'd much rather buy a week's worth of clothes at the beginning of the season then have the freedom to pick up more along the way. That way, there's always shopping to do and always a new outfit to enjoy. Does anyone else take this approach?
We'll see if I can stick to it come time to start shopping for warm weather stuff. And, as difficult as she's been to shop with as of late, I may give up for that reason too.
Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say hi!
Just for fun, here's a pic.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19384.jpg

LucyG
01-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Sherri,

Congrats on your willpower! I'm trying to take the same approach that you are. This time last year, I already had enough spring and summer clothes for DD's wardrobe. While that was OK, and she wore them all, it meant that I didn't need to buy anything else, and I found that really hard. This year, I have a few things for spring/summer that I've bought ahead, but not nearly as much as last year. It just wasn't any fun to have to pass up all the cute new clothes as they came out last year. But, really, she didn't need any. I didn't want to get into a pattern of buying everything a year ahead. Some things, yes, but not everything. I don't know where you live, but stores here already have warm weather clothes out. I'm going to make myself wait a while, though, because I know new stuff will come out all spring. And, there is a great consignment sale that I love to shop each March. I usually end up getting lots of DD's clothes there.

By the way, Kylee is adorable in her playdress! :-) I do buy Hannas ahead when I can find them to fit my budget.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!