PDA

View Full Version : What's on your spring/summer clothing roster?

momtoemma
01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
With all the talk of planning our childrens' wardrobes, I've decided that I should put more thought into my DDs' wardrobes. Right now, I have the same problem a few of you other ladies have mentioned: buying too many clothes for the season. I find myself constantly wanting to pull our DD's hannas and naartjie clothes, and by the end of a season, we have several gymbo outfits that never get worn. Why do I get sucked in by Gymbo? I was able to quit buying Baby Gap (which I also had this problem with) fairly easily.

So, I'd love to know how you plan to fill your clothing rosters with spring and summer clothes, specifically, how many outfits, what type of outfits, brands, etc...I need to do some serious planning and get my clothing budget under control once and for all!

Thanks!

C99
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I just modified my summer clothing roster, although I've been buying since last year. I find that I can usually make back what I've spent, if it ends up not fitting, etc. when I buy ahead. Maybe that's because I tend to buy solid, non-trendy brands and/or have a boy? Anyway, since DCforum hates Excel files, my roster for Nate includes

* 5 playclothes outfits of separates -- t-shirts and shorts, although I overbought on t-shirts so almost every pair of shorts has 2 t-shirts attached.

* 4 nicer outfits of separates -- stuff that's a little dressier/preppier. One example of an outfit I have on there is a Land's End polo shirt paired w/ a pair of H&M long shorts in a madras stripe. Another example is a Hawaiian print shirt from Gymbo and a pair of board shorts that I bought at the outlet last week.

* 4 1-piece rompers -- I loved these on Nate the previous 2 summers and they are so damn convenient. Carter's usually has a deal on these closer to the season and I can get them for $5 each.

3 dressy/special occasion outfits -- 1 for Easter, 1 for Mother's Day, and 1 for 4th of July.

E-mail me if you'd like to see a copy of my roster for spring/summer.