PDA

View Full Version : Gymbucks Redemption Stategies: Do you order online or go to the store?

MeredithsMom
01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi all! I have a few questions about how you plan to redeem your Gymbucks, since this is my first time doing so!

I realize that you can redeem your Gymbucks online or go to the store; if you order online, you have to mail your Gymbucks and receipts in, right? Do you then receive a check in return or a credit on your credit card?

Also, do you think it is important to go early in the redemption period in order to get the best selection (I'm looking for 6-9m layette and 6-12 m girls)? I can't go on the day redemption starts (while I can certainly order online). If I waited until Saturday to go to the mall would I still have my pick of stuff? It seems like going to the store is easiest b/c you don't have to mail things in and wait (or do you?) but I don't want to lose out on any of the pieces I've been waiting awhile for.

Just wondering what everyone else is planning to do! I've been to the store on a reconnaissance mission, so I know what it all looks like IRL. LOL.

lctippins
01-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I've never redeemed my GBs online, so I can't answer your question re: how they credit you back. I would assume that they credit your cc. I would definitely go to your store early in the redemption period. The things you want may not sell out, but why take the chance? When you redeem your GBs in a store, you just hand over the GBs w/receipts, and once they ring you up you get the receipts back.

Here's my strategy for this redemption period. Since the new lines are currently 25% off AND all pieces are available online AND shipping is free on orders over $100, I went ahead and ordered everything I want online. Tomorrow or Thursday I'll go into my local store and buy whichever of those same pieces they have. I know they won't have everything I bought online because they're a Tier 3, cold weather store. Then I'll return all the duplicates that I bought online to my store. So I'll end up with 1 of each item I want, and I'll have gotten 25% off and free shipping on the items I ordered online. Complicated, but I'm covering all the bases!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

MeredithsMom
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow! Kudos, Lisa. That is quite a strategy. I bow to you, oh wise Gymbo shopping diva. :-)

Thanks for answering--and I love the name Kendall!!! I'm trying to talk DH into that for the next girl we have, should there be one, but I think he's too hung up about the character on All My Children (which we watch religiously--don't know how I sucked him into that, exactly).

:-)