PDA

View Full Version : A Bunch of Pics (J&J, Hanna, Tea, Ralph Lauren)

AvasMama
01-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Here are a couple of pics I have been meaning to post, some just to show off and one I need advice on.

First up is a dress from Tea Collection. The pic is a bit fuzzy, but what do you think? Keep it or not? It is TDF, but I am not sure the colors are the best for Ava and the sleeves are a little too long.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19510.jpg

Next up is the velour dress from J&J's Glistening Gems line. It's so soft and cute! It's perfect for everyday wear. It does run small, though -- this is a 6-12, I later returned it for a 12-18 so she can get a few months wear out of it.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19511.jpg

This is a Hanna outfit I bought on eBay. Not sure what the line was called, but I love the colors! It's so fun and different from Ava's other outfits.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19512.jpg

Last, a little birthday dress preview! We had great weather today so I took some pre-birthday pics.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19513.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19514.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
Robyn & Ava

lrucci
01-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Robin,

Ava is such a gorgeous girl. I can't wait to meet her.

Out of all the outfits, the first one is my least favorite. It is cute, but I like the colors better. I just bought that J&J dress and I love it. It is really comfy. The HA outfit looks great on her. She looks so good in red.

Love, love, love the birthday pictures. The dress is so pretty. Kyleigh is waving at Ava saying "hi baby" and clapping. So I guess you have her approval on the outfits. LOL

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

urbanmama
01-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Robyn,

Ava is just adorable, as always!! She looks so happy in all of her pictures!!

Honestly, I'm not loving the first dress. It doesn't seem to do much for Ava. I would return it.

I love love love that Hanna outfit on her. Sooooo cute and fun! And she looks so sweet in the Glistening Gems dress. Peach is one of my least favorite colors, so I never buy it, but that color looks amazing with Ava's skin tone!!

And I adore the RL dress. It is so simple and classic. It is definitely my taste!! She'll look adorable on her birthday!!

MeredithsMom
01-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Robyn--

They are all so cute! Ava is adorable in them--you're getting me all excited for when Meredith can stand. Dresses will look so much better then!

Oh, and I love the Trumpette socks. I have them too and, is it just me, or does everyone come up to you and rave about them? At the doctor's office, the grocery store, the mall, you name it. People come up and touch them and want to know if they're shoes or socks. It's a riot!

Judegirl
01-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Hmm. The first one is far and away my favorite on her. But I think that's because it's not very "babyish" and I like that. I think she looks stunning in that one.

:)
Jude

AvasMama
01-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I get that ALL the time. I even looked in to wholesale ordering from them because I had so many people ask me where to get them. I still think it would be a great idea, but I am already way too overloaded on projects to start a store too!

Robyn & Ava

Phoebe
01-11-2005, 08:14 PM
So cute, Robyn. I just love the hanna outfit, and her birthday pictures are fantastic! What a great idea - I wish I'd done something like that... maybe this year. Now you've got me thinking what I could do outside (love the natural light) with a cute chair and a sheet.

I think you need to post a picture of yourself. I have a feeling Ava looks just like you.

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

dules
01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi Robyn,

That Hanna outfit is from Winter 03, Flowers from the Sun line. I bought it in size 70 last year and then needed an 80 this year so returned it to hanna after searching everywhere for the outfit in an 80 to exchange. I was sad they did not do a similar outfit this year!

I like all but the first one. The color and fit don't do it for me- sorry!

Best,
Mary

Laela
01-11-2005, 09:09 PM
If you don't wash or use a Hanna outfit purchased last year, they will take it back this year? That is, there isn't a time limit to when you can return an outfit?

AvasMama
01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
LOL! Yes, she does, though she is much cuter! Just for you, here's a pic from last month of the two of us.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19539.jpg

Robyn & Ava

vikivoly
01-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Robyn,

I think the first dress looks too old for her, although I do agree it is cute. My favorite is the 2nd one. I even like the ebay Hannah outfit and I'm not a big fan of Hannah. Nice job on the bday pictures. She looks so cute. Thanks for posting!

parkersmama
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, boy! She is a living doll! My favorite is the Hanna outfit. Or maybe the J&J. Oh, who knows! They are all fabulous! :) LOL!

I don't think I really like the Tea dress on her, though. It's sort of plain and I think the color washes her out a bit.

CBB
01-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Ava is such a cutie!! What a beautiful girl! She does look just like you. I love all of the outfits except the first one -- I think the color is a little too dull. Love the birthday pics. Where did you get that chair? Was it from babystyle? How does Ava like it?

AvasMama
01-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, the chair is from Babystyle. It's cute and Ava really likes it. It is the only way to get her to sit still these days!

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
01-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks everyone! The Tea dress is going back -- I really wanted to love it, but it's just not cute enough on her to justify the price.

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
01-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Just noticed the 7 pounds, Vicki! That's great!

Robyn & Ava

Phoebe
01-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Oh, great picture! She looks *so* much like you - same smile. Thanks for sharing :)

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

vikivoly
01-12-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks. I know most of it is water weight, but if I can maintain it through this week, I'll be happy.

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I'll go against the crowd and say that I do like that first dress on her. That pic is a bit blurry so it's hard to tell the coloring, but the style is really cute. Do they made it in other colors?

As always, Ava is just precious. I get so excited when I see that you've posted new Ava fashions. :) I love the Hanna outfit. I love the J&J dress. And I especially LOVE the Birthday dress. You did a great job taking those photos of her and I love that they are on her special chair. I want that chair for Andie so badly, but I've tried to order it and they won't ship it to an APO address because it's oversized. Ah well.

Cute pic of mom and Ava too. She definitely looks like her mommy.

steph2003
01-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Robyn
I just wanted to comment that I love Ava's Birthday dress. It is just so sweet, classic, simple, elegant, etc, etc, etc! She is precious! and the chair - must have missed - where to buy???

zuzu
01-12-2005, 09:18 AM
What gorgeous pictures of Ava (and you!) If I had to pick, the first dress is my least favorite, but she looks so cute in everything. I especially love the Hanna outfit and her darling birthday dress. Can't wait to meet you both IRL.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

MeredithsMom
01-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I hear you! I got two sets of these socks as shower gifts, but now I need the pastel ones as well. :-)

Thanks again for posting the beautiful pics! I especially like the Glistening Gems dress. I'm still in love with the kimono-style one, but I keep denying myself. Then when it's sold out I can say "It's out of my hands!"

:-)

AvasMama
01-12-2005, 10:03 AM
The chair is from Babystyle. They have lots of different fabrics in case Griffin *needs* one!

Robyn & Ava

emmiem
01-12-2005, 11:34 AM
We have that Hanna outfit in purple! It is one of my favorites. Love the birthday dress. My least favorite is the first dress. Ava looks a little washed out in in.
Michele