PDA

View Full Version : Hanna talk - code? sizes?

Phoebe
01-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Accidentally erased my original post.... don't ask.

urbanmama
01-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi, Mary!!! How are you?

I'm with you-- I feel like a code will surface too and I am NOT buying without one although I see so many things that I want!!

I'm thinking that I'll still stick with 110s for Anneliese. She seems to have room to spare in the 110s that she has now.

What are Daisy's "stats"?

About Ella Paige-- I'm not sure what size to get her. I'm tempted to stick with 80s because I think that the 90s will be HUGE. But I'd hate for her to grow out of them too soon as well.

Ahhhh... it is so difficult buying ahead!

Are you buying anything new from Gymboree this time??

bluej
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
I have the same concern about 80's/90's as you do. I have a romper from last summer's clearance in a 90 hanging in the closet and I just can't imagine that Ryden will fit into it this summer! I think I'll try it on him and his 80 and see how short the 80 is vs how ridiculous the 90 is. In all seriousness, I think they need a size 85!

iluvmy2boys
01-11-2005, 07:27 PM
This might help some of you trying to decide on 80 vs 90.

Holden last year in February was 24lbs and 34in - I bought him 80s in clothing but 90 in zippers. While the 80s fit, there wasn't a ton of growing room. SO when I placed another order in March I got all 90s and he fit in them at that point (25.5lbs and 34.5in). Now, nearly a year later and 28lbs and 36.5in he still can fit into the 90s with plenty of growing room. Our zippers are getting to the point where we have to leave the cuffs unrolled but still plenty of growing room otherwise.

HTH!

If your child is near 34in or so I would order the 90s. They might be big now (especially if your child is still under 2yrs old when major growth spurts can happen) but as the spring/summer goes on they'll fit much better.

Phoebe
01-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm good, Marie, just having a great time looking at the darling new Hanna's.... while ignoring my children ;)

Let's see, Daisy is 40" and 35 lbs.

Owen is 32" and 26lbs (he just had his 18 mo exam yesterday).

And, Jen, I agree about the half sizing! That would be nice.

The reason I was considering 110s for Daisy is that her 100 gingham check dress from last summer seemed snug by summer's end. Owen's 80 zippers are about out of room from the shoulder to crotch (is that the 'rise'?), but otherwise 80's are still roomy.

Oh, what to do, what to do?

Mary
Daisy 3.5 years
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

Judegirl
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I know their growth slows down after 6 months...but how much? How many inches might a baby grow between, say, 8 months and 2 years? I don't even know how to wager a guess?

??
Jude

iluvmy2boys
01-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Holden grew 7in from 8months-2yrs old

he was 27in at 8 ot 9months old and was 34.5in at 2yrs old.

I would look at the CDC growth website and plot her current stats (along with previous ones) and follow the curve to 2yrs to hazard a guess.

Phoebe
01-11-2005, 07:51 PM
There is a website with growth charts (cdc?). But I have to say, it's really hard to estimate that. They can stay the same size for the longest time and then suddenly have a growth spurt.

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

heidis2girls
01-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Mary, I did see your original post before it was deleted, but I didn't have time to respond until now. Sarah is almost 3 1/2 and she is wearing 100's now. She was also wearing 100's last summer in capris, tees and dresses. I think I'm going to get her 110's for this spring/summer. She's grown so much and while I'm sure the 100's will fit her, I like to buy a little large so I know she'll make it through the season! We also go to visit my in-laws in Palm Desert, California every February so we need warm weather clothes for that. We live in Massachusetts so we don't see spring until at least April!

Oh, Sarah is about 39 inches tall and weighs about 39 pounds. I tried on the basic denim capris at Gymboree today in a 5 and I could barely snap them! Her sister, on the other hand, is very slim. She was in 110's last year and I honestly don't know whether I should get 110's for her again. The 120's seem like they would be huge on her! I may order both and see. It seems ridiculous (sp?) to buy both girls the same size, but they are built so differently!

I hope that answered some of your questions! I've also spent a fair amount of time ignoring my kids today, too, between the new Hannas and the new Gymboree! ;-)