PDA

View Full Version : What size Hanna's should I get for this summer?

hlkm2e
01-11-2005, 09:10 PM
I checked the CDC growth chart and my dd will probably be about 30-31 inches this summer. But, she is really skinny. The cut off for 70/80 is 30in. Do you think I should get 70's because she is so skinny and they will be dresses so the length isn't as important or do I get 80's because she will be at the beginning of the size. Do you think the 80's could possibly fit for two summers? To give you and idea, she is 13mos. and currently wears a 6-12m, but if she is crawling, she will sometimes crawl straight out of her pants. The length is fine.

iluvmy2boys
01-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I would get 70s but they probably won't last 2 summers. I'm betting the 80s will probably be swimming on her, though, if they are dresses would it be a big problem??

hlkm2e
01-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I think probably 70, too. Her Zoo Pals coat is a 60 and still fits, the 70's are definitely still roomy, but I just hate to buy more 70's, it makes me nervous.

parkersmama
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I would get 80s. At the beginning of the summer they will be too big but by the end they'll be fitting right. And you might get some wear out of them in the spring next year.

LucyG
01-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I would get 80's for summer. My nearly-22 month old DD is around 30"-31" right now, and weighs about 22 lbs. I tried a short-sleeved 80 playdress on her last night (which I plan for her to wear this summer), and it is long, but definitely wearable. When I held it up to her 70 short-sleeved playdress from last summer, the 80 is a lot longer. Her 70 playdress was long on her last April when she started wearing it (at around 27"), but by October, the 70 was looking a tad bit short on her. So, I think you would get a lot more wear out of 80 than 70. The 80's may start out long on her, but they'll be fine by later in the summer. With dresses, length is not as much of an issue as it might be with something more fitted. I tend to like the playdresses longer than shorter, though, so if you prefer a shorter look, 70's might work for you. I'm going to start DD out in her 70 playdress this spring, to see if she can get another month of wear out of it before we move into the 80.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

steph01
01-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Well all I can say is that my 6 month old is on track to be around 30-31 inches in April/May, so I'm buying him 80s for the summer. Plus the fact that he IS NOT skinny and most summer clothes are short sleaved or have rollable cuffs, I think it will work. I hate to buy something and have it be too small half way through the season. The only items that I think he will still be in 70s with are zippers. For some reason, they seem bigger that the wiggles and bodysuits. My DS can fit into either 60 or 70 zippers, but no way is he fitting into his 60 jeepers or wiggles anymore. I have some 80's in wiggles and tops up in a drawer and they just don't seem that big to me. But if Ben were skinny I might feel differently.

macassi
01-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Abbie is about 30 inches and I've been buying her 80s. She's very tiny in the waist, though, and can't wear any pants -- especially Hanna, so I would be weary of what you order. If you're doing dresses or one pieces, you shouldn't have any problem. I love it becauce the t-necks and the jumpers (Chicka Chicka, Apple a Day) that she wore this winter and I am almost positive will still work next winter.

Joyce
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I've found that the Hanna sizing chart is quite accurate for my DD. I would buy 80s for a 30" tall baby. They will be big at the beginning of the summer, and they won't fit for two summers. They will fit for a long time though. I think we started wearing 80's last March and DD wore them until Oct. I found dress sizing to be different from sleepwear. We usually size up for the zippers.