PDA

View Full Version : MARIE (urbanmama)! Question for you...

heidis2girls
01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Marie, when you get a chance would you mind measuring the size 5 basic denim capris you bought for Anneliese? I'm going to have to order online and I'm having a terrible time fitting Sarah! I think she might need a 5, especially since they are denim, and I can just pull in the adjustable waist if necessary.

If you wouldn't mind measuring them when you get a chance I would really appreciate it! Oh, the waist is the most important, but the length and the rise would be great, too.

Thank you so much!

urbanmama
01-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Heidi,

I was looking for an old post and just found this on page 3. SO sorry-- I never saw it before. Would you still like me to measure these pants or have you already ordered them?

SORRY again!

heidis2girls
01-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Marie, don't worry about it! The board has been moving so fast with the new Gymboree and Hanna stuff that I'm not surprised that you didn't see it! I haven't placed my order yet, so if you wouldn't mind measuring them that would be great!

Thank you!

urbanmama
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Heidi,

I didn't forget about you!! Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. Yesterday was crazy!

Here are the dimensions for the Size 5 basic denim capris:

Waist 10.5" (of course the waist is adjustable)
Length 19.5"
Rise 6.75"

I've actually decided to go to the size 6 capris for Anneliese. The size 5 fit her fine, but the size 6 work too and they are cropped jeans which will grow with her. I decided to do this when I bought the size 3 for Ella Paige after it ended up working for Veronica's Eva. I'll post pics later!!

heidis2girls
01-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Marie, thank you! I actually got to the mall today and was able to try them on the girls. I ended up with a 6 for Sarah! She's only 3 1/2 (well, almost)! The capris seem to be running a bit small, especially in the tushie! I could barely get the 5's snapped on her. She still has a belly and a bit of a bottom, too (just like Mommy!). The funny thing is that I got Hannah a 6, too, and she's almost 5 1/2! Hannah is tall and lean, whereas Sarah is more solid and she's only a few inches than Hannah, too. I found that the sizing ran the same in the khaki capris in the WF line. Both girls fit into the 6.

The sizing is so inconsistent lately. I used to be able to order online and not have a problem, but now I find myself having to try on all the pants I'm considering.

Thank you again for doing this for me!

urbanmama
01-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm glad that you were able to try them on the girls. Sorry it took me so long to get you that information.

I agree about the sizing. How funny that you ended up with 6s too. I got Anneliese the denim capris and the orange utility cargo capris in a 6. The 5 fit her fine and I only have to adjust the waist two notches, but I like the pants cropped rather than capri, so I opted for the 6s.

What else did you get?

heidis2girls
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Marie, I actually haven't bought much yet because I can't find my 4 Gymbucks which are in the house somewhere (hopefully). :-( I've looked everywhere and can't find them. I hope I find them before redemption is over and I hope they didn't get thrown away by mistake.

All I've gotten so far are the basic denim capris for both girls, and the DW jeans for both girls during the 25% off sale and with a return. I had to buy Sarah the size 3T jeans and they just fit her. They are just long enough and she'll make it through the spring with them and then they may be cropped jeans! I tried the 4's on her and they are just cut too narrow for her.

When/if I find my Gymbucks I'm planning to buy some DW tops to go with the jeans and capris. I love this line! I'll see how much I have left over and I might get a WF outfit for them. I like the cargo capris and some of the tops. If I don't find the Gymbucks I'll buy the DW tops after redemption. I'm assuming DW will go on sale after Gymbucks ends.

Thank you again for measuring for me!