PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree 2004 in review - Boy Lines

sarsah
01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Here's a list of most of the 2004 lines for Little & Kid Boy, along with my comments:

Monster Love - didn't like
First Mate - liked it ok, we have a few of the solid colored & striped c t-shirts
Dig, Dig, Dig - have several pieces with DS#2 is wearing now -- it's super cute, but I wish it went larger than 3T
Dinosaur - liked it, the dino t-shirts were a big hit with my boys
Batter Up - not bad, we have a few t-shirts
Little Gentlemen - not bad, had my kids b-day pictures taken in polo shirts form this line
Surf School - liked about 1/3 of it, DS#2 had a cute outfit from this line
Island Backroads - liked about 1/3 of it -- I don't think it was a big hit because I was still seeing pieces of this line on the clearance rack up until a few months ago
July 4th - didn't like it enough to buy anything
Summer Sports - loved the Rhino stuff, the rest of it was yuck
Skate Pup/Skate Town - yuck
Power Wheelie - yuck
Jacks Garage - a huge improvement over the previous lines, but still nothing special - we have a few shirts from this line.
Fifth Fleet - loved the fishermen knit sweater, but not super excited about much else
Thin Air - we have a few shirts from this line, but overall I wasn't impressed
Red Baron - not bad -- we only have a few pieces, though
Prim & Proper - not really my style and too expensive - we did end up with some of the basics from this line
All Around Athlete - ok line, but I'm so tired of the sports theme
Space Trooper - now that's more like what I expect from Gymboree. Most of this line was a big hit with my boys
Grizzly Peak / Vintage Ski - not thrilled with the colors, we have nothing from this line
Costa Rica - love, love, love it -- that's what I'm spending my Gymbucks on
Tractor - I like about 1/2 the line -- wish the raincoat wasn't so expensive
The Great Bambini - not bad, but again, I'm tired of sports themes

Sarah....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

jec2
01-13-2005, 12:19 AM
I've just begun shopping at Gymbo so some of these lines are not familiar to me but I do know that from their names I would not likely buy some of these. Plus, I've mostly bought layette which, sniff sniff, DS is getting close to outgrowing. I took a quick peak at some of the more recent lines in the little boy's size, and, as I thought, I am just not crazy about what they look like. Maybe when DS is older I will feel differently.

jubilee
01-13-2005, 03:12 AM
I didn't buy much new Gymbo in 2004, and instead combed ebay for the older lines that I loved. There was just TOO much olive green and orange going on in boys and boys layette. The few items I did buy-

Batter Up- the shortall, t-shirt, and long romper. These were very cute and I had pics done in the shortall.
Red Baron- the denim jeans, a few shirts
Space Trooper- several shirts which are a big steal right now. I actually might buy some more in the next size up. Real cute!
Valentine's- love the Love Stinks t-shirt! Bought it during earnings.

Most everything else I got was in Layette, which isn't mentioned. I found that Logan could still fit in the 18-24 in several items. I particularly loved the Monkey sweater and his Lion sweater from Monkey and Friends. I didn't get Reindeer, but I did like it. Everthing else he has already outgrown, so I've forgotten it!

I am NOT liking Safari, so thank goodness I will fill up the gaps in his closet with Traffic Jam!

usfrph
01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
I've added the layette lines with my comments :-)

Little Fire trucks - grays were too drab for me.
Dog Park - cute. we have a few pieces from this line.
Bunny Story - thought the bunny sweater was cute but never got it.
Lets Play Cricket - didn't care for it.
Little Snapper - cute. we have a few pieces from this line.
Vintage Air Show - loved. evan wore the onepiece for his 3mo picture.
Toothy Grin - didn't care for it. not a fan of sharks :-)
Cote Francaise - loved it! hope they bring out something for bb.
Alphabet Soup - again with the grays...
Jr Cowboy - not a fan of cowboys --and we live in TX! :-)
A Walk in the Woods - cute. we have a few pieces.
Newborn Prince(Spoiled) - cute but DH doesn't like frogs and I didn't like the jesterlook for DS so we have nothing from this line.
Reindeer - couldn't justify something DS would only wear once or twice so we skipped this line.
Days of Yesteryear - not a fan of ironing so i skipped this line.
Garden Friends - cute. will probably get a few pieces during redemption.
Monkey and Friends - cute. will grab a few pieces during redemption.
Cutie Pie - i love the 'geekiness' of QTpi but don't like the colors. if i find it on clearance it will probably look better ;-)
Pirate Island - will grab an outfit for halloween.

BB & KB:
Little Gentlemen - good basics. got a lot on clearance for this year.
Thin Air - love the puppy so we have a LOT from this line.

jk3
01-13-2005, 08:17 AM
My favorite lines from 2004 were:
Jr. Cowboy - beautiful yet boyish colors, so sad this didn't go up to18-24

Walk in the Woods - I love this line though it didn't wow me when I first saw it. My DS looks great in the colors + the hedgehog is cute.

Cote Francaise - Loved this too. My DS still fits into the cargo jeans which is great!

Alphabet Soup - Drab Had to get the B sweater, however, since my DS's name starts with B.

Garden Friends - Cute but didn't like the colors + DS had a ton of Hanna Love a Bug which is much cuter IMO.

Cutie Pi - Did not like at first but DS has the LS robot shirt + fleece pants + I love this outfit on him.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jk3
01-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Dig, Dig, Dig - I didn't appreciate this line when it debuted because my DS was still an infant. I just bought the sweater on ebay since my DS is obssessed with vehicles. I wish I had bought some of this line on clearance!

Hated: Skate Pup, Thin Air, Island Backroads, JAck's Garage, Fifth Fleet, Power Wheelie, All Around Athlete

Liked some pieces from: Red Baron (airplane sweater), Space Trooper (Sweater), Vintage Ski (Growing on me at clearance prices), Tractor (Just the LS Tractor Shirt but this would've been a much cuter line in lighter non-orange + green colors)

I love some pieces from Great Bambini - the baseball sweater, the hoodie set, the ls pug shirt and I love the entire Traffic Jam line!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

steph2003
01-13-2005, 08:32 AM
I loved -
Dog Park (layette) - bought a ton of pieces on Ebay

I liked -
A Walk in the Woods - the Hedgehog romper is one of our favorites!

Garden Friends - buying it on clearance but missed the boat on the cardigan in our size, hope to find it on Ebay???

Infant Boys -
Red Baron only because my dad is a pilot & so anything with airplanes we like :) I'm so not into costumey stuff but my mom bought DS the aviator jacket from this line for Christmas

missed the boat on Vintage Air Show - why I never looked closer at this because of the planes, I don't know! I will probably persue Ebay for older pieces.

I'm in the minority here but I kinda like the new safari stuff. Only a few pieces & NOT that heinous romper. My sorority is Adeepi & so anything Lion I go ga-ga over especially the t-shirt with Lion Pride paired with khaki shorts. I think the denim lion shortalls are cute with short sleeve striped bodysuit (blues & orange) I don't mind orange, I get tired of navy, reds, greens all the time!!! That said though I won't be paying full price for anything. I think that is hardly why I buy Gymbo - too many games, no time to play :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Monster Love
First Mate
Dig, Dig, Dig
Dinosaur
Batter Up
Little Gentlemen
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything above the line was before I started paying attention to Gymbo again.

Surf School - I think this is the line that got Huey a clearance bathing suit from.
Island Backroads - barely remember this
July 4th - passed, cute, but didn't want or need
Summer Sports - don't remember
Skate Pup/Skate Town - did not like at all
Power Wheelie - did not like
Jacks Garage -cute and planned to get something, but never did
Fifth Fleet - liked it, but didn't get anything
Thin Air - I got Huey a pair of pants and 3 tees from this line and he really likes it all.
Red Baron - liked this line. My boys love planes, so they love their flight suit and airplane sweater.
Prim & Proper - did not like at all
All Around Athlete - didn't really pay attention to this one
Space Trooper - this was a huge hit with my boys. They LOVE anything space and they ask for their spaceship clothes all the time
Grizzly Peak / Vintage Ski - not impressed.
Costa Rica - not impressed.
Tractor - cute, but we have reached saturation. Do not need.
The Great Bambini - again cute, but they have enough

Now, maybe Gymbo can blow me away with something in 2005...otherwise, Hanna and J&J and Gap will continue to get my money for boys clothing.

mysweetboy
01-13-2005, 09:02 AM
I think I started buying from Gymboree in early fall. I'm in love w/their clothes and am sure I'll be spending too much $$$ there in 2005. :)

A Walk in the Woods - got the fleece romper and overalls/bodysuit and socks. The hedgehog is so cute.

Reindeer - everything! lol. Got everything for 35% or more off so I don't regret the purchase. Charlie wore it to a holiday party, Christmas Eve and when we celebrated Christmas w/DH's family on the 27th. Totally OT but I even found of pair of reindeer Robeez on ebay. I loved everything on him.

Garden Friends - got the overalls/bodysuit and matching socks. Love the caterpilar bodysuit and price was too good to pass up.

Monkey & Friends - got the lion fleece overalls/bodysuit. This is one of my favorites.

Cutie Pie - haven't gotten anything yet but plan to get the long-sleeved QT∏ onesie. I'll probably pair it w/a pair of jeans.

Anything I didn't mention, I just wasn't crazy about. Since they're constantly coming out w/new lines though, it's nice to know that something cute is probably right around the corner!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 8 months old!

reyn74
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I just got into Gymboree (knowing the names of the lines and such) right around Jacks Garage, actually I think it was already on sale then.

Jack's Garage-- I have an outfit for my 5yo I love and a romper for my baby that is one of the top 3 of his 3-6m outfits. It is simple and blue so his eyes look so pretty when he wears it. I also have a shirt for him for next year.

Fifth Fleet-- liked it but got nothing, except romper for baby that is 6-12m but looks huge

Thin Air -- my first Gymbucks experience. I got shirts for older boys, an outfit for 3yo, and the romper for my baby, but for next year

Red Baron -- outfit for 5yo with green cords I like a lot, plus I got the flightsuit for the baby for next year in 12-18m.

Prim and Proper -- nope

All Around Athlete -- nope rarely do sports for my boys

Space trooper -- 2 shirts each older boy, love them, plus the striped sweater for 3yo which I love too

Grizzly Peak/ Vintage Ski -- nothing, but I would have gotten a certain shirt and pants for 3yo if it had been in the stores

Nothing since then, we have too many clothes! I might get some safari t-shirts and shorts for summer.

Layette lines (from memory, just what I have)

Junior cowboy -- my Mom went crazy, so he has the sweater and pants and 'Wanted' onesie, oh and boots and hat. As soon as he can sit up I'll take him in to get pics done in the whole get up, it is adorable! We also have overalls and shirt for next fall (Mom wanted him to be walking for the overalls)

Walk in the Woods -- I went crazy. He had the romper in 0-3, the green cords and orange shirt in 3-6, and the plaid overalls and onesie in 6-9. I will be very sad when he outgrows his hedgehogs!

Monkey and friends, I got the sweater, and the velour striped romper. I love both but yellow is not the baby's color.

Pirate Island -- I did really want the scarf hat, but can't find it in the store, and will probably skip it for Hanna, sigh.

Traffic Jam -- I like it but I don't need any more long sleeve long pants outfits for the baby

-Sarah and Griffin (5) Talon (3) and Orion 8-13-04

jec2
01-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh, good, this is more of what I buy so now I can play too :) Again, I am fairly new to gymbo so some of these lines I am unfamiliar with.

>Little Fire trucks -
Dog Park -
>Bunny Story -
>Lets Play Cricket -
>Little Snapper - thought it was cute but didn't buy anything.
>Vintage Air Show - ok, but didn't buy a thing.
>Toothy Grin - don't recall.
>Cote Francaise - loved it too! I bought just a couple of pieces that were left when it was heavily discounted.
Alphabet Soup - I really like. I have an outfit for DS to wear this spring if it still fits.
Jr Cowboy - initially not sure but then fell in love with the sweater and "wanted" shirt (which I didn't buy). Bought the sweater, print onesie and the cords. Love the cut of the cords :) One of my favorite pair of pants I've bought for DS.
A Walk in the Woods - Again, initially wasn't crazy for it but then bought the fleece romper (love, love, love) and the thermal l/s onesie and olive cords.
>Newborn Prince(Spoiled) - didn't buy. don't usually like things that refer to "prince" or "princess," too many stereotypes I guess.
Reindeer - Really liked but didn't buy. I bought Hanna velvet overalls instead b/c DH liked them better but I bet we'd have gotten more use out of these pieces.
Days of Yesteryear - Didn't like & didn't need.
Garden Friends - cute but wasn't in love enough to buy as we just didn't need a thing.
Monkey and Friends - LOVE! MY FAVORITE! Bought the monkey romper, lion romper, and the monkey jeans and l/s onesie.
Cutie Pie - ? Was this the robot? Did not grab me. Weird name of a line for robots.
Pirate Island - it's ok, but didn't love enough to justify buying.

New for 2005:
*New Froggy line: ABSOLUTELY LOVE! Bought the romper and some other pieces. Wish, wish, wish it went to 24 months as I don't need athing for DS for now but couldn't pass it up b/c WE LOVE vibrant green and cute frogs like this!

* Traffic Jam: Love the striped pants the most. Bought those and needed the car print onesie to go with it. All are for next fall. If the jacket goes on deep discount then I will pick that up too. (I know this isn't layette but had to post my thoughts).

leeming
01-14-2005, 12:41 AM
My favorite lines were the monkey Newborn Necessities line, Cote Francaise, Walk in the Woods, and Monkey and Friends.

Little Fire trucks - OK, have the romper at deep clearance, not my favorite but not too bad
Dog Park - cute, but found we didn't really wear it too much
Bunny Story - didn't like it
Lets Play Cricket - cute - had a few pieces
Little Snapper - ok, have a few pieces and the blanket
Vintage Air Show - didn't have any
Toothy Grin - hated it
Cote Francaise - LOVED this! We have a lot of it - I STILL wish I could find the sweater!
Alphabet Soup - eh.
Jr Cowboy - too dress-up, like a costume
A Walk in the Woods - LOVED this! We had nearly the whole line, and always got tons of compliments!
Newborn Prince(Spoiled) - didn't like this
Reindeer - thought this was cute until I saw J&J's reindeer line.
Days of Yesteryear - cute, but not very practical, so we have nothing (but got several blankets as gifts)
Garden Friends - not really into caterpillers, and didn't like the yellow/gray
Monkey and Friends - love the lion stuff - the sweater is my current favorite. Monkey stuff was pretty cute too.
Cutie Pie - like the "QTPi", don't really like the style/color. Will probably get the QTpi bodysuit because I used to use that abbreviation.
Pirate Island - can't stand it

Not mentioned: the monkey Newborn Necessities, which is when I started buying gymbo. LOVED this - had every piece, some in several sizes. I'm finally sick of it (and still have some 12-18 and 6-9 unworn pieces)!

New:
Frogs - looks cute, and would make great baby gifts
Traffic Jam - growing on me.

From the boys lines, I only liked some pieces from Space Trooper and Red Baron (though I don't have any from that). Everything else I thought was ick, and I will be so sad when DS outgrows the layette lines!