PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Eva in Gymbo (Size 3 Too!)

vpalmer
01-12-2005, 08:23 PM
As an experiment I ordered Eva the Sugar Cookie Cover Up and DW capris both in a size 3. For reference, Eva is 33" tall and weighs 26 pounds.

Here she is in the size 3 capris and a 2T GWL Tee. The capris fit great as pants! We have the waist adjusted a little more than half way and they look just like a really cute pair of jeans for now. We will get so much wear out of these. Ironically enough, I think they may fit better than the SC pants below in a 2T! They fit really similarly to the GWL capris we got a couple of weeks ago in a 2T. I figure it might be because the 3 is cut slimmer because it is really intended for a toddler not wearing diapers. (In case you were wondering, Eva is trying to pull apart her wooden asparagus even though it is connected!)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19631.jpg

Here Eva is in the short sleeve tee I bought for her GWL capris so we can wear them on warm days.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19632.jpg

Here she is in her SC outfit (2T). I love the outfit but I was surprised at how long the pants were on her. Do you think it looks funny to have the pants rolled up? It kind of reminded me of the JF pants and they cuff naturally. What do you think?
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19633.jpg
I read the swimsuit ran small after I had ordered it in a 2T. It fits well with a little growing room in the length. Do you think I should exchange it for a bigger size?
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19634.jpg

Eva loves the cover up probably because it is pink! Here favorite part was unzipping the zipper. This ought to be a fun summer. Zipper goes up and down, up and down. ;-) So what do you think? Does it look huge on her? It is also a 3!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19637.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19638.jpg
Here is the cover-up and the suit together:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19635.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the hat. I was a little confused as to the exact styling of the hat from the website. At first I thought the baby girl hat was different from the kid girl hat but now I see they are the same. This is a kid girls small by the way. Eva has a rather large head!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19639.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19640.jpg

We also ordered the sandals and Eva was actually a little timid of the strap between the toes, so I did not get any pictures. They are adorable though and I am sure she will warm up to them. As much as she loves shoes, it does usually take a day or two for her to “make friends.”

Thanks for looking and all opinions are welcome!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

jennifer_r
01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Your daughter looks so cute in all the outfits! The bathing suit looks much cuter on her than online/IRL - hmmm, might have to consider it for DD. I'm no expert in sizing so you'll have to defer to someone else but the SC striped pants can be worn cuffed up or down (according to the website). They're long on my daughter as well so "WE" will be wearing them cuffed up.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

karin4
01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Veronica--
Eva looks fantastic in the SC things! The picture of her clearly delighting in her cover-up is precious. Even if it were huge on her, you'd have to keep it! It doesn't seem huge, btw...just a little oversized.

Eliza is also 33", and seeing Eva in the denim capris really has me interested... think I want to try them on E as well. They look great, and as you said, should be extremely versatile.

Oh, and I don't think the SC pants look funny rolled up at all-- I like the look a lot, in fact.

Cute clothes, cuter kid. Great pics!

jbowman
01-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Veronica,

Your daughter is adorable! And the clothes look great!

jvbucks
01-12-2005, 08:52 PM
She is so cute in everything! Mayzie was born a month later than Eva, but is quite a bit bigger (in weight at least), and I am already set on buying the SC pants, but now you've got me considering the hat and the swimsuit! I just LOVE those stripes! Your daughter is a doll!

parkersmama
01-12-2005, 09:36 PM
I *love* the first outfit and the swimsuit! You may have just sold me on the capris since AG and Eva are the same size. They look so great and you're right, they'll wear forever! :) I was also planning to get a 2T in the bathing suits. The 3T looked huge still. Yikes, I just don't know. The cover up is really cute but does look big. I think if you really like it, though, you should keep it. It will be wearable for a long time. The SC outfit is my least favorite. I think the pants look okay cuffed. I don't know what it is but I just don't love this line. She does look really cute in those colors, though! :) Thanks for sharing your pics! Eva is such a cutie-pie!

urbanmama
01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures of Eva, Veronica!! She looks just adorable!! What a little doll! I love her big blue eyes!

I *love* the denim capris on Eva. I already bought them for Anneliese, but now I'm wondering if I should try a 3 on Ella Paige. She still has plenty of room in her 12-18 pants, so I'm not sure if they'd work though.

I think that the size 3 coverup works fine on her. It looks a little big when it is unzipped, but looks fine when it is zipped up.

I love the swimsuit. I bought the same one for EP, but haven't tried it on her yet.

The SC outfit is cute too. Would the 18-24 pair be too small in the waist for her? If not, you could get those and way them as capris as she grows.

khakismom
01-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Veronica, Eva looks so cute in everything!! I cannot get over how big she has gotten--what a little dolly! I am definitely getting that swimsuit for Ellen. And I love the capris. You are going to have one stylin little peanut at the pool this summer! :)

vikivoly
01-13-2005, 12:00 AM
V,
Great pictures! Eva is always looks so happy and has reason to be... Her Mom has great taste in clothes! ;)

I'm glad the capris worked out. I'm guessing you're getting the KG capris in WF now? If DD didn't already have so many pairs of jeans, I would probably invest in the capris also - great idea!

I think the SC outfit looks great on her. Those are her colors. The pant's look fine cuffed, but I can't believe how long they are. I'm glad I ordered 18-24 for DD's WF khaki's.

The SC swimsuit is TDF! Now you have me reconsidering the WF suit, but I already ordered the tunic. It's hard to tell the size. It looks like a good fit now, but I don't know if it will last through your long summer. I think the 3t is worth taking a look at.

She looks cute in the hat, but I'm not that wild about the new styling of their hats. They have a DW one that is the same cut. I would prefer a ball cap.

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Jennifer,

Thanks for letting me know that the pants are made to be worn cuffed up or down. That might explain why they are so long. I actually really like that because it just means she will get a lot more use out of the pants and that is a good thing!

You will love the swimsuit; it is so sweet IRL.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Karin,

You really ought to try on the capris on Eliza. I was delighted to see how well they fit.

I feel the same way about the cover-up; as much as she loves it I would probably keep it even it was huge! ;-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Vanessa,

I was surprised at how much vibrant the colors are IRL. If you get the swimsuit you have to get the hat too. They are so sweet together!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Denise,

The swimsuit sizing has me all confused as well. I was convinced it was going to be to small after reading that it ran small. I was surprised that is fit with a little growing room. I don't think she will be able to wear it all summer though. But, since we are going to Disney in early December we will have to buy a 3T suit before the end of the season anyway.

I think you will be pleased with the capris. This is also great because now this opens up all the other lines this spring and this same option. Have you seen the khaki capris in Wildflower KG. They are sweet as well. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Marie,

How tall is Ella Paige? I remember you saying that she was still in 12-18 month pants. Eva is 33" tall and the capris are great as pants. I hope they work on EP though, because they are really cute and so versatile! You will love the swimsuit as well. It is adorable on.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vpalmer
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Vicki,

Yes, I want to get the KG utility capris in Khaki but as of yesterday my store had not received them. Apparently a lot of the stores, mine included, has not received everything yet so it is going to be quite the pain to get everything we are looking for. I hope they will hold the shirt an extra day if the capris are not in yet!

The hat design is a little crazy and like I said I did not fully get it until I saw it IRL. I actually thought the BG hat was a baseball cap!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

lrucci
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Veronica,

Eva looks great in her new clothes. I love SC on her, the colors look fantastic.

Great idea to get the KG capris. I might have to steal your idea and get the KG khaki capris from WF.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03