PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Moms ISO of Girly Girl Clothes.....

westchicagomom
01-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Run, don't walk to the April Cornell at Oakbrook Center. Everything is 75% off as they are closing January 25th.

They just unpacked some boxes today (other stores are sending them stuff for some reason) and the SA said much of it would be gone by the end of the week. Long-sleeve petticoats which never go on sale were included and were selling fast.

As soon as I got home, I of course got an e-mail coupon for $25 off a $100 purchase! That has been my luck lately. :(

BTW - I found this interesting. They said they were closing because the new mall owners kicked them out as well as a handful of other stores since they have some new ideas about what they want the mall to be. If AC isn't an Oakbrook Center kind of store I don't what is....

mharling
01-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Oakbrook has new owners/managers as of a couple of years a go and every time I go there, I can't believe the turnover of stores. Everything is completely different from even two years a go. I would imagine there's been a hefty increase in the rent too. Apparently they want people to think, 'Ooh, I'm at Oakbrook' when they're there. Whatever.

Thanks for the April Cornell tip. I'll take a peek when I go to Gymbo.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

kelly ann
01-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Mary-

I may hit Oakbrook tomorrow for Hanna and April Cornell. Let me know what you find there if you go today...gosh, imagine the money we would be saving if we were both having a second boy!

I don't go to Oakbrook enough to notice the turnover, but I hope Hanna doesn't decide to leave.