PDA

View Full Version : Dallas moms...

stella
01-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Stonebriar or WIllow Bend? I want to go to J&J and those are the only 2 listed in Dallas. Which mall would I rather go to? Is one J&J or Gymbo bigger or nicer than the other? And which is easier to access from central Dallas?

Thanks a bunch!! There will be no children with me, so child-friendly is not really an issue!

kaitlinsmommy
01-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I would go to Willow Bend. It's closer to downtown & less busy than Stonebriar. I like Stonebriar but it's suburban mania & while their Gymboree is the only Tier 1 in the area, they are always out of certain things/sizes. I like J&J equally at each mall.

FYI - they are only about 10 min. from each other.

momtoemma
01-13-2005, 10:57 PM
I think it depends on what other types of shops you are interested in. I agree with the previous poster that the J&J at both malls is great, but if you are talking the whole mall, I love Stonebriar. Willow Bend has mostly high-end shops whereas Stonebriar has more of your regular mall stores. Stonebriar also has a Talbot's Kids if that interests you. Happy shopping!!!

ast96
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Not a Dallas mom, but a frequent visitor/Dallas shopper! Willow Bend is closer in to town, and it is a beautiful mall. The J&J there is very friendly and apparently has a lot more inventory because it gets a lot of the returns (they aren't happy about this, but it means you can find stuff there!). The Gymbo there is small but stocked. The stores are across the hall from each other. Also, WIllow Bend's parking is better.

HTH,
Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04

vpalmer
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm not a Dallas mom either but I am a Dallas shopper. I love the Stonebriar mall personally. There are so many kids’ stores at Stonebriar. I would say if you are interested in solely J&J you might try Willow Bend, but if you want plenty of variety go to Stonebriar. You are making me want to plan a Dallas trip soon. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

robmab719
01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Another vote for Willow Bend. I just think it's easier to get in and out of. Much less crowded and frantic than Stonebriar. If the J&J doesn't have the size you need, you could always venture on to Stonebriar (it's just another few exits up the Tollway). Don't even bother with the Stonebriar Gymbo, though. With it being Gymbucks this weekend, that store (a Tier 1) will be an absolute madhouse.

robmab719
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Who knew there were this many Dallas moms on this board? We should plan a get-together!

stella
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I live in San Angelo, but we travel to Dallas fairly frequently. I would definitely come for a get-together.

My friend has a stationery and prointing shop so I am going to market with her this weekend, but she knows all about my baby clothes obsession, so she'll indulge me in some mall time!!

thanks again!

stefani
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I would love to get together.

I don't shop at either Willow Bend or Stonebriar much, but I would say Willow Bend is more manageable. Plan longer time if you want to go to Stonebriar (more stores and bigger mall - inside and outside).

Have fun!

vpalmer
01-14-2005, 12:03 PM
We live in Little Rock, but let me know if you ladies plan a get-
together. Like I said, I love Dallas shopping, so a Dallas trip always sounds good to me. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

momtoemma
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Well, I'm not a Dallas mom either, but I love to come shop there! I live in Tulsa and wouldn't mind making a trip to Dallas to shop sometime soon. I'm very anxious for later this year when Dallas will get an Ikea and a Hanna store! Count me in too!

robmab719
01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
I started a thread in the lounge so we can work out the details:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=162108&mode=full&page=

Go check it out!