PDA

View Full Version : DS had an allergic reaction to Tide with Downy

nigele
01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Tom has had some weird things going on with his skin over the past few weeks. He's been having rashes that come and go and always look different, his eyelid had a bump that swelled and his entire eyelid became so purple it looked like he had a black eye, then yesterday I noticed little, flat, purple dots completely covering his belly, chest, back and neck as well as two nasty bumps on his eye (the one that he wears a patch on.) I took him to the ped and it turns out he's allergic to Tide. I had always used All Free and Clear but decided about a month ago to try Tide with a Touch of Downy since I always forget to use fabric softener. Looks like I'll be switching back to All Free and Clear and not worrying about fabric softener. And now I'll have an excuse to talk DH into letting me order more Hannas - DS has sensitive skin and needs the softest clothing. ;-)

mommyj_2
01-14-2005, 02:36 PM
My DS can't handle Tide either. I bought Tide F & C once when I ran out of All F & C, and my DS got a rash right away.

AdoptChina
01-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I have 3 allergic kids with bad eczema.....they do well with All F & C and we also now use Downy free (didn't on Connor's clothes when he was an infant)

dules
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm allergic to Tide, esp Tide with Bleach. As well as a bunch of others on the market.

Sorry he had a reaction...sounds like it was really uncomfortable!

Best,
Mary

Buffys Mommy
01-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Poor guy. I'm glad you were able to figure out what was causing the rashes.

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] 15 months and counting