PDA

View Full Version : Paper Lanterns question

karin4
01-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Has anyone seen the lavender top and ruffled pants in their stores? I was at 3 Gymbos today, trying to exchange a couple of gift items for larger sizes, and none of them had either piece in stock. Just wondering whether they are tier one items, or do my stores just not have them yet?
TIA!

AvasMama
01-14-2005, 09:59 PM
My store didn't have them either. It's a Tier 3, though.

Robyn & Ava

lrucci
01-14-2005, 11:23 PM
The store I went to tonight (Tier 2) didn't have the top, pants, or lavendar smocked one piece. They received their shipment rather late and had a TON of boxes left to unpack, so maybe they are in one of those boxes. I am going to a Tier 1 store this weekend so I can see everything IRL.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

heidi_timms
01-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I redeemed mine tonight and it's a tier 2/3 and they didn't have either piece. I was so bummed and ended up getting other stuff since I live so far from Gymbo.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

karin4
01-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the replies! I went to tier 2s and 3s also. I'm looking forward to seeing someone post pics here of their DD in the outfit-- I'm curious as to just how the top fits.

Thanks again, all! Lisa, would you let me know if it's at the tier one when you go?

MeredithsMom
01-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Ours didn't have them today, and I imagine it's a Tier 1 since it's the second largest mall in America (King of Prussia PA).

naomi01
01-15-2005, 04:54 PM
for those of us who are clearly not in the know... what are tier 1/2/3?

Naomi

punrocker
01-15-2005, 06:57 PM
I saw them today at my local Gymboree (Bridgewater, NJ), which I believe is a tier 1 store. They seemed very cute, but I didn't look all that closely because I have a DS!

lrucci
01-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I ended up going back to the Tier 2 store today (it's closest to me), instead of going to the mall with the Tier 1 Gymbo. They did have the smocked one piece out, but not the ruffled pants or lavendar top. The SM told me Tier 1 stores should have them.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

urbanmama
01-15-2005, 11:34 PM
My Tier 1 has them, but I'm not sure if they are a Tier 1 only item or not.

vikivoly
01-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I posted pics of my DD in this outfit. I bought it online. My store is a Tier 4 and they told me they weren't getting it, so I bought it during the 25% off sale.

Here's a link to my post. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=8&topic_id=54556&mesg_id=54556&page=

vikivoly
01-17-2005, 12:12 AM
It mostly refers to the size of the store. The larger stores are Tier 1. Sometimes they get pieces or entire lines that aren't in a tier 2/3 store.

jennifer_r
01-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey, you must be close to me. I'm in Basking Ridge. I used to go to Bridgewater mall (the Gymbo there is a Tier 1) all the time but since DD has been born, I've been going to Short Hills - they are much more nursing friendly there. I just stay away from Versace, Oilily, and all the other high end boutique shops there.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

jennifer_r
01-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Karin,

Don't know if you saw my earlier reply back to you on the post I had regarding PL but just wanted to let you know thanks for the compliment on the name. I also like Eliza alot - I think it has a similar feel (classic, oldfashioned and unusual)and always makes me think of Audrey Hepburn.

Also, I picked up my lavender top and pants at a Tier 1 so don't know if that helps.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

jvorhis
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
According to an E-mail sent from Corporate - Lehigh Valley Mall is the only Tier 1 in PA. Someone posted the list on Gymborebel.

karin4
01-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks, Jennifer-- both for the PL info and for your comments on Eliza's name. I did miss your reply to my post. I admit I love Eliza's name, and for all the reasons you mentioned-- even the Audrey Hepburn connotation! In fact, I liked Audrey, too, but that one got vetoed.

Unusual was a more important consideration for me than it had been in the past. Our older daughter is Katherine (we call her Katie), and she's one of SO many Katherine/Katie/Kates in her circle of friends that while I still like the name very much, I somewhat regret the choice. She really dislikes always being "Katie <last initial>".

jennifer_r
01-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Too funny! I also suggested Audrey which my husband vetoed (his comment was you don't name your daughter a name just because you like the actress) and also we wanted unusual as well - my son's name is Christopher and my name is Jennifer so I don't even have to explain that one. But we wanted it to be a real name as opposed to names like "Apple" or things people wouldn't know how to pronounce - DH's name is Kamran and everyone pronounces it Cameron instead of "Komron". It's an Iranian name (he's a mutt - half Iranian muslim and half American Jew - can't beat that combo!)

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif (http://gynosaur.com/bf_ribbons.php) and counting!