PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City is FINALLY getting a Janie & Jack!

khakismom
01-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I had to pop in quickly to announce this and spread my excitement! The bizarre thing is that I had emailed their corp. headquarters probably a few months ago, plugging a store in KC. They told me they had all the stores set in stone for the next year (2005) and KC wasn't on the list. Whatever!!

I have no idea when it's opening, but it's right next to Gymbo at Town Center. I saw it today when I stopped in the Gymbo to order that striped bathing suit for Eleen--oh it is so cute.

I cannot wait! I have never bought one piece of J&J (for the price I wanted to be able to see it IRL), and now I can! YAY!! :)

vpalmer
01-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Yay Maureen. We don't have one in Little Rock so next time we are in KC I will love shopping at Janie and Jack. Theonly one I have ever been to is in Dallas.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

vkoop
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh I know! I was excited to see the "coming soon" sign. Boy, they make it convenient to shop, don't they? Baby Gap, Gymboree, Children's Place and J&J all in a row....

karin4
01-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Oh, I am SO jealous! I've also never bought any J&J, for the same reason as you, but I really think I'd buy a sizeable portion of Sam and Eliza's clothes there if one were nearby. The clothes are just so classic and pretty.

There's a new upscale shopping center scheduled to open nearby in May, and I keep hoping for one there. I did just find out that the Talbots that will be there will carry kids, so I'm happy about that.

Very excited for you, Maureen! Can't wait to see Ellen, Kathleen and the newbie in J&J!

mindeva
01-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Maureen-
You just made my day! I am always whining to my husband wondering why Kansas City has no J&J. I am so excited. We usually come down to shop 4 or 5 times a year. WOO HOO!

By the way, have you had a chance to check out Sergent Major?

naomi01
01-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Huh? Hmmm... which "new upscale shopping center"? I have been trying to work out what is coming on 135th and Nall, or 135th and Metcalf... come to think of it there is a ton of construction sites I have no idea what is coming... anyone know? as if I needed more places to spend money :-)

Naomi

urbanmama
01-15-2005, 11:33 PM
How exciting, Maureen!! We got a J&J last fall and it is soooo nice to have! It is so much easier to actually *see* the clothing!

karin4
01-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Naomi--
I think my post was misleading-- I live in Portland, and was talking about a new shopping center there, not in KC. Sorry! For any curious Portlanders, though, I was referring to Bridgeport Village in Tualatin, where the new Crate & Barrel is located.

khakismom
01-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Mindy, you're not going to be happy, but no, I still haven't checked out SM. :( I keep meaning to but haven't found the time during the holidays. And now I don't have the energy--or the $$$. LOL!

I will wait a few weeks so that they can get their spring stuff in, and then head over there during a lunch one day. I am getting antsy to see this stuff. :)

And you MUST let me know next time you come in town so we can get together! :)

khakismom
01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Can't wait for your next visit Veronica! :)

mindeva
01-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Maureen-
I know you said you weren't sure when it is opening, but does it look like soon? If it does, I may plan a girls trip in the next month or so. I'd like to shop for spring clothes and want to stop at Nell Hill's when they don't have Christmas stuff out. We just came down in December & my dh is probably good on shopping for awhile!

khakismom
01-16-2005, 04:09 PM
I think it might be soon. The windows were all done and painted. The tile name on the entrance was all done. There was just paper in the windows so I couldn't peak inside. I will ask at Gymbo next time I am in there and see if they know. If I find anything out, I will let you know.

And Nell Hill's! Another fave! I love that place!

We definitely need to get together to shop! I think we could do some serious damage. LOL! :).

mindeva
01-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Shopping together...that may be dangerous! I haven't even gotten my cc bill from our December trip, so I really shouldn't be thinking about another.

You seriously made my day yesterday...I think I have told my DH at least 10 times "Did I tell you Plaza South (what we call Town Center) is getting a J&J?" He just shakes his head & is like enough already. I've just been so giddy! At least he can hang at Herford House & Galyen's while I shop. That should keep him occupied!

mindeva
01-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Not to be too greedy, but maybe HA & Naartjie will follow!

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh,I am so insanely jealous of you ladies who get to see J&J in real life. I am hanging on to the possibility that our next duty assignment is either in the DC area or in the San Fran area of CA (the Presidio).

Enjoy your new J&J!!

mindeva
01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Kerry,
No need to be jealous. How do you think we all feel when you talk about your travels here & there, picking up a Volvo in Sweden & skiing in Austria. No need for jealousy. I'm truly envious! Also, I'm still 3 and 1/2 hours away from KC! In all seriousness, I think it is wonderful that you take advantage of the opportunities you have living overseas & love reading your stories & seeing your pics. At least you can shop online, right?

Phoebe
01-16-2005, 10:32 PM
It is nice having 4 of them in the Bay Area. Whenever we're there to visit friends, I can usually find my way to an upscale mall.

Kerry, I didn't know the Army was at the Presidio anymore. Isn't it a national park now? That *would* be an awesome place to be stationed.

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

mharling
01-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Uh-oh, Maureen!! ;)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!