PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of Hedgehog???

samwyatt
01-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi~I was in my local kids' consignment shop and they had a bunch of new clothing... labeled Hedgehog from Cape Town, South Africa. It was very cute and Naartjie-esque, which I guess makes sense! There was a dragonfly print dress that was soooo cute! I had just never seen or heard of it ....

Amber
Mom to Sam 7/94, Wyatt 11/97 & Jordan 1/04

Laura Merritt
04-23-2005, 11:05 AM
I have bought Hedgehog at a couple of local sales. It is cute and wears really well. They have a new online website. I think the address is: www.hedgehogusa.com

2zeke
04-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I just checked out their website. There is not a lot there, but it is cute. I'm not impressed with their return policy, so I am only ordering one item for now (dragonfly dress). I hope their size chart is correct. I may see if my local boutique will stock it. It's nice to see a brand that carries sizes for the older girls.

Thanks for the tip.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

LizK
04-23-2005, 03:02 PM
A woman in my area (No. VA) sells them and runs the website listed in this thread. I bought tons of dresses (and a few tops, jackets and hats) last year at a local sale and my DD is still wearing them. You could wear these year round. I pair them w/ gymbo navy blue leggings in the fall, winter, and spring and no leggings in the summer. They don't need to be ironed if you pull them right out of the dryer as soon as the cycle is done, they are unique (we get lots of compliments), and the fabric wears well (minimum fading). Also, IMO, the styles are more wearable than some Naartjie ones because they are not super-frilly (my DD is somewhat of a tomboy). I hesitated to post about the line when I discovered it last year because the website was somewhat rough but it's much improved and she will be adding to it in the future.

2zeke
04-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Could you put in a word for me asking her to take Discover on the website? :-) I didn't complete my order because I only like to use that one card for all my internet purchases, especially when it's with a company I'm not familiar with and they are asking for the security code from the back of the card. The clothes do look cute and reasonably priced. How do you find the sizing? The size chart makes it sound like they run about a size larger than normal on the big kids items. TIA~

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

Laura Merritt
04-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I forgot to mention that these clothes are REALLY generous. I always buy my kids one size smaller than they wear in anything else. I wish they would change the sizing but the good thing is they wear so well you can get two years out of them. Besides the sizing, I have no complaints about the clothing at all. I would love to see her carry Discover too....

kcimato
04-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I am in NOVA also and live right in the area of this seller. It would be nice if I could pick up and avoid shipping. Did you call her directly or get them at one of her shows? Reminds me more of Keedo but with better prices.

LizK
04-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Last year when she was out of a color and size I wanted, I believe she suggested I could come by and pick it up at her house if she found the item I was looking for. (I don't know her personally.) I actually got the clothes at a sale that she had at the Vale schoolhouse on Vale Rd. She was trying to get rid of overstock and the clothes were REALLY cheap. She was supposed to have the same sale again at the same location a few weeks ago (seems to be an annual thing in the spring) but something came up and she had to postpone indefinitely. Keep checking her website for possible dates. Also, when she has these sales, she usually post signs in the area advertising it (e.g., the corner of 123 and Hunter Mill Rd.)

LizK
04-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi Janice, I don't know her personally so couldn't ask her about Discover but perhaps you could call or email her and ask directly. She's a SAHM who works out of her home and is very nice, very approachable. I do find that the sizing runs about a size ahead. My DD is 2+ and she's still wearing the 18-24 mo. Hedgehog dresses I bought her last year (she's in the 75th percentile for height). I would just call/email and ask her directly because she's very familiar with how each style runs and if you describe your DD, she can help you figure out the best size (as she did for me when I met her last year).

kcimato
04-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I am familiar with the craft fair at the Vale school. Like I said,right around the corner from me. I checked the web site and her next fair is at the National Cathedral, so I think I will just e mail her or even call. The dresses look like they run long. My Grand D is super tiny. She is 2 1/2 and 2T is still too big. Again thanks for the info.

2zeke
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm a bit under the weather right now but will put it on my to do list for when I'm feeling a little better.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02