PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb question about socks....*blush*

Judegirl
01-15-2005, 08:56 PM
If dd's socks keep falling off of her, so that the heel is under the arch of her foot and the toes are hanging in the breeze...are they too big or too small for her?? (They're the Gymbo ribbed ones, size 3-12 months. She does have small feet, I think, but I don't know how to tell what size she wears.)

Thanks,
Jude

mysweetboy
01-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Jude, this happens w/ most of Charlie's socks, including Gymbo (Old Navy stays on the best for us). I'm sure he's wearing the right size, they just come off easily. I now put his Robeez on w/everything and the problem's solved.

I'm not sure if I was of any help here ;) but just wanted you to know that they may not be too big or small, just easy to come off.

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 8 months old!

tarahsolazy
01-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Might be the ankle girth, too. Fory's socks do this, but I have attributed it to his extremely fat ankles. I love his ankles, but it makes sock and shoe wearing difficult.

jubilee
01-16-2005, 12:27 AM
I've found my son can only wear socks if he is wearing shoes. I can't keep them on and he hates slipping on the hardwood floor with the socks anyway.

vdrake71
01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
We also had this problem and we ended up going with no socks. My mother-in-law makes my son booties with a tie around the ankle. This are great and people are always commenting on them.

Moneypenny
01-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I almost posted this same question, so I don't think it's really dumb at all, LOL. In frustration one day I purchased socks from infant size 0-3 up to toddler size 3 and put them all on her. Within 5 minutes each size did the same thing, so I still don't know if they're too big or too small. I've had the best luck with white athletic socks that I can roll over a couple of times. The rolling seems to keep them from slipping over her heel and completely off. Of course, my DD isn't mobile yet, so don't know if this will work for you. We have Robeez that work great for keeping the socks on, but for some reason I have it in my head that her feet need to "breathe" so I don't like her to wear them all the time (just my own weird little thing, I think).

Susan
DD - Avery, born 8/5/04

parkersmama
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm guessing too small. That's what AG's socks do when they are on the small side. Of course, the next size up is generally *huge*! LOL!

stillplayswithbarbies
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
If they previously stayed on, then they are too small. If they have always come off then maybe they just are not very good socks.

I never had any luck with the Gymbo ribbed socks. The ones that match outfits seem to stay on better. But the ribbed ones with the rubber grips on the bottom always came off.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

shannonG
01-18-2005, 05:46 PM
We've tried a bunch of brands and prefer the Old Navy socks but they still fit the way you described. I have Nathan in the 6-12 month size and his foot is just slightly longer than 4 inches. I think they fit. I think they're all that way...with the heel of the sock just under the arch. It's a real bummer. I ordered Preschoolians and want to see if putting them on his feet will solve the problem. I'm afraid now that the shoe and sock will fall off!!

new_mommy25
01-18-2005, 05:53 PM
We always used Robeez to keep socks on until I discovered the OshKosh socks. DS got a few pairs as a gift and we love them!! Here is a link to a girly pair that looks like the ones we have.
http://www.oshkoshbgosh.com/product.asp?pid=5930BLUE&did=1110

Anyway I never had very good luck with the Gymbo socks that match the outfit. DS had chubby ankles and he outgrew them really fast.