PDA

View Full Version : Help! DS needs new clothes, and I hate everything I've seen.

dotgirl
01-17-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm kind of at my wit's end here - I need to buy some new clothes for DS, and I can't find anything I like. (He's in an 18month size now - he's 25lbs). I don't want anything with trucks .. or sports .. or construction. And that seems to mean he'll have to go naked.

I would like something with a jungle theme (Gymboree's Safari Adventure is ok .. but it doesn't really grab me - it's not .. cute enough, I guess). DH wants us to keep all of his clothes in one "colour family", so we've decided on tans/browns, etc. DH hates navy blue, which also rules lots of stuff out.

Also, I'm not terribly keen on Hanna Andersson - maybe it's just me, but the three pairs of pants I've bought (all Hippity Hop) and the Hippity Hop jacket fell apart *very* quickly - threads hanging out everywhere, etc. (And I handwashed them and hung them to dry, so I don't think I was too hard on them.)

Anyway! Does anyone have any suggestions?

tinkerbell1217
01-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, I love Lands End and Baby Gap. Old Navy too. I am really into "boyish" stuff. HA isn't my style either. Also, Babystyle has some cute boy things too. Beachy type stuff, lots of blue and/or khaki, which I love. They carry Charlie Rocket, which is a very cute style. Kinda out of the ordinary to me. Gap has some very boysih dinosaur tees that are cute with jeans or khakis. Lands End climber pants are great, wash well, and look great with shirts or tees and come in lots of great colors.

Hope that helps a little.

jec2
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh, I know the dread of going shopping for boys once they grow out of the Layette pieces. Sports, trucks and lizards. Ick :(

How about babystyle.com softest cotton stuff. We've had some pieces from there and the colors are sometimes a little more unique then you'd find elsewhere. I sometimes find some cute things at Gymbo, but then again, it's mostly from the layette line.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Good luck :) Us mama's of boys who don't like the stereotypical boy's clothes need to stick together. somedays I am so frustrated I just want to start designing my own clothing line.

ett
01-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I totally understand how you feel. Now that DS is moving into the toddler sizes, the selection of nice boys clothing is pathetic.

As for suggestions of where to look, have you checked out CWD?

http://www.cwdkids.com

They have some nice clothes for boys.

LL Bean also has affordable, good quality clothes in classic styles.

JFC
01-17-2005, 09:30 PM
I know it is hard to find clothes for little boys, isn't it?!

We can almost always find something at BabyGap, Lands End, LL Bean and Talbots Kids. Not sure what department stores you have, but we do well at Dillard's with Polo and Mulberribush clothes. Ebay too! I also have great luck at TJMaxx, Marshall's, and Burlington Coat Factory. We like Baby Guess clothes a lot - they have worn really well. Happy Shopping! Good luck! ;-)

writeleigh
01-18-2005, 05:30 AM
I love a lot of the French (and other European) lines for boys like Catimni, Marese, Le Top etc. But they are too expensive for me to buy at normal price. I often find Catimini at Marshalls. I have also done very well on ebay with those types of lines.

One site to check (see the links for infant boys clothing, divided by season):
http://www.babyultimate.com/boys1224months.html

and also
http://www.infashionkids.com/inboy12mon.html