PDA

View Full Version : Beaux et Belles Smocked Clothing

Little Ladybug
01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I have heard such wonderful things about the Beaux et Belles smocked "trunk show" clothes - Is it possible to place an order without attending one of the home shows? I'm in St. Louis, where smocking is not the most popular thing ever, so I don't know of a rep in this area. Any thoughts? I'm on the prowl for Easter outfits and the boys' offerings I've seen from the usual places aren't knocking my socks off this year, so I'm looking for other options. Thanks! :)

Tracey
01-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Hi Elizabeth!
Any of the Beaux et Belles reps can do a phone order for you. Here is a website of one of the reps http://www.beauxetbellesonline.com/ I do not know this person and have not ordered this way, so I am afraid I cannot vouch for them. If you'd rather use someone else, I can give you the name and phone number of the rep I've used. The trunk shows are going on right now, but there is no way you would get the clothes in time for Easter. If you are strictly after Easter stuff for this year, you might want to try another avenue. It takes 8-12 weeks to get your order in after you place it. I pulled out my order slip from this fall and the order was placed on 7/31 and it was shipped on 10/18. They really do have beautiful things and it's fun to pick out your own colors and fabrics etc.

Little Ladybug
01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks Tracey! I'm not strictly looking for Easter - I'm in the market for summer stuff also. I'll check out that site, but I'd love to have the name of your rep as well, if you don't mind. You're welcome to PM me, or if you'd rather email me, just let me know and I'm give you my address. Thanks again! :)

steph2003
01-19-2005, 09:58 AM
I'd love the rep's name as well if you could PM me.

Elizabeth -
I got my DS's Easter outfit from Beaux et Belles off Ebay. If you are open to that more & more spring/summer outfits are popping up!

The Beaux et Belles show here in Charlotte is ridiculous - it is like you have to know someone who knows someone to even get an invite!! and then the hours never mesh with my work schedule. So I've turned to Ebay for the few outfits we have. Good luck - hopefully I won't be bidding against you :)

jec2
01-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh my! This stuff is so cute! I wish I'd known about it when Finn was a baby and needed some special outfits.

There are some items on Ebay that I looked at last night. None in his size right now, but I might try and find something.

Can anybody tell me how the sizes run? DS is 21.5 lbs and 31"

steph2003
01-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey Juliet -

Beaux et Belles runs large. My DS is a little bit over 20 lbs. maybe about 20 1/2 lbs & just under 30" I just put him in a one piece this past weekend w/long sleeves & long pants that was 6 month sized in Beaux et Belles. It fit perfectly, maybe getting a smidge short in the length. I have a one piece romper outfit in size 1 for him that I haven't even taken the tags off (bought NWT off Ebay) because I fear it will still be huge & then it will be too warm to wear. Although the nice thing about Beaux & Belles is the fabric underneath is contrasting so it looks cute when you roll the pants & sleeves up (if that makes sense)I'm thinking of reselling it or holding onto for a future baby.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20040.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20042.jpg
you can't really see it that well but the smocking is tumbling turtles!

it is a size 1 & I'm going to put it on him for Easter (with something underneath of course & cardigan sweater if it is still chilly here) I'm thinking it should work for this spring/summer.

I wish there were a sizing chart but the company doesn't even have a website at this point - that I know of. I can take measurements on the items I have at home & send them to you if you are interested. Just PM me. I know the $35 I paid total is high for a used outfit but these things retail for $70 or more! I've found the stuff I buy on Ebay to be hardly used at all since they are dressier outfits.

Little Ladybug
01-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Steph -

Thanks for the information! I had noticed a few things popping up on Ebay as well, although none were in DS's size (or what I thought would be his size - Thanks for the heads up that it runs large!) Where in Charlotte do you live? I'm a North Carolina girl, too - I'm just currently transplanted to Missouri. :)

steph2003
01-19-2005, 02:43 PM
oh without a doubt it runs large! I'd say their 6 months is more like 12-18 month sized. Well more on the 12 month size but a solid 12 month! IMHO Beaux et Belles have the cutest smockings & fabric choices that you can mix & match. I've found of all the home/trunk shows their quality to be high - again IMHO! Still the price tag hurts although if you watch what they re-sell for on Ebay, yowser! I guess you could recoup some of your initial investment.

I live in Huntersville which is just north of Charlotte. We love NC, I don't think I'll ever go back up north :) where did you live?

Tracey
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
:)