PDA

View Full Version : "The Miracle Blanket"

csburky
01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I just ordered the "Miracle Blanket" online and was wondering if anyone has tried it. All of the testimonials claim that it really helps babies sleep through the night but I am skeptical!
Thanks for any input you have

papal
01-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Me Me! The Miracle Blanket RULES!!!! If you do a search for 'Miracle Blanket' using the advanced search, you will see many many topics on it!
We used it till about 10 months!!! it was a LIFESAVER. And I have given one to so many people... initially they are skeptical, but more often than not, they will call and say they LOVE it.
So yes, get one. If it doesn't work for you, you can return it or sell it. Mike, the owner, is just fabulous!

csburky
01-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I have one on order and it should be here by Friday. My DS kicks off any blanket that I swaddle him in, so I hope this works!

mom2tony
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
a friend gave me one when she was done with it. i LOVED it! i just stopped swaddling dd at 4 months and i'm passing it on to another friend :)

annabellesmom
01-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I used one called simple swaddle and it made a big difference. DD was able to squirm her way out of my best swaddling attempts in a matter of minutes. It has velco to help keep the blanket closed. My first 5 hour stretch of sleep after delivery was with DD in that blanket. Best luck, but if the miricle blanket doesn't work out for you, you should give it a try.

Karenn
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I have one too and love it. When DD was *really* tiny I actually got a better swaddle with a receiving blanket, but now it's the only thing that keeps her wrapped up! We tried putting her down with one arm out last night to start to "wean" her, and were reminded how much it helps her sleep. She fussed until we wrapped her all the way back up again and then went off to sleep without at peep! :)

I've given it as a gift several times as well and always gotten "double" thank yous. They thank me when they receive the gift, and then they call again after the baby arrives to tell me how much they love it. :)

mysweetboy
01-18-2005, 11:30 PM
All I can say is that it's called the Miracle Blanket for a reason! We got one when Charlie was about 6 weeks old and it made such a difference....we were all finally able to get some sleep. :) You will love it!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 8 months old!

csburky
01-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Thank you all for your input! I am so excited to receive this blanket in the mail. I pray my 7 week out DS sleeps through the night now!

jerzeygirl
01-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Yep, we used it from about 2 weeks to 4 months, and it was literally the only thing that allowed us and DS to get any sleep! By 3 months, he had figured out how to maneuver out of it every time by the time he woke up, but it still kept him tightly swaddled long enough for him to fall asleep, which was the most important part.