PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is a stupid question...what are gymbucks?

knaidel
01-19-2005, 10:59 AM
On Sunday, even thouugh it was about 15 degrees outside, I braved it, to return gifts at Old Orchard, an outdoor mall in the Chicago area, and while I was there, I HAD to stop by at Janie and Jack and at Gymboree to see what all the fuss is about. Now I understand... that stuff is cute! So I bought my son a really cute outfit at Gymboree. But anyway, what are Gymbucks? How do you get them? How do you use them?

-Rachel

dules
01-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the cult (lol).

Gymbucks are coupons given out at certain times of the year. When you spend $50 on clothing, you get a $25 coupon to use on a $50 purchase during the Redemption Period, which is some time after the Gymbucks Earning period.

They usually come out with new lines right at Redemption, so for every $50 you spend on the new stuff, you get $25 off for each Gymbuck. $150 in clothing will cost you $75 at the register, plus 3 Gymbucks. (Remember, though that you had to spend $150 to GET those 3 gymbucks).

If you sign up for email on Gymboree.com you will get notifications of all the sales (Gymbucks is only one). They are forever having 25% off this or that throughout the year. Some sales are only honored with coupons so it's worth being on the mailing list...and as far as I've been able to tell, they have not sold my email address to other companies.

I have only been shopping there for less than a year. There are lots of ladies here who know ALL the strategies, ins and outs of shopping at Gymboree...I'd recommend hanging out and seeing what they have to say.

And....post a pic of your DS in his new outfit!!!

Best,
Mary