PDA

View Full Version : how long to wear size 3/3T?

indigo
01-19-2005, 05:50 PM
When (at what age) did your child start wearing size 3/3T, and how long did he/she wear it? I am debating whether to buy a winter outfit (heavier fabric) but it's only available in a 3T, which would mean holding on to it for at least a year or two till it fits DD.

For those of you who buy ahead, it's not like clothing "goes bad," right? unless it was a particularly hideous trend :0) Is there anything I should keep in mind as I look ahead?

thanks!!

Vivienne
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif

ktdid74
01-19-2005, 08:29 PM
My DD is 21 months and I'm buying 3T tops for her for spring/summer. She's still in 18-24m or 2T bottoms but she has a buddha belly that gets difficult to cover :) I'm hoping she'll be in 3T for a while!

tadylkat
01-19-2005, 08:34 PM
My son wore a 3T for a good 10 months, and some 3T items (sweatshirts, jackets) for over a year. The age for the size really varies from brand to brand, e.g. I find that Ralph Lauren runs on the smaller side and Gymboree runs on the larger side (for boys 3 and up). I find it easier to buy ahead for an older child (3+) than for a baby/toddler. Since the growth is slower, chances are s/he will be one size for more than one season. HTH!

tadylkat
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I forgot to add the age. My son was about 2 when he first started fitting 3T's. I also just remembered that my cousin's dd wore 3T for 2 years! She was on the chunky side when she turned 2 and then slimmed out by her 3rd birthday. Generally she wore the same clothes for 2 years.

indigo
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks, very helpful to know!! What percentile were your kids at that point? (well, I know *all* BBB kids are above-average! ;0))

DD is in the 95th percentile for height, but is only six months so hard to guess when she will be in 3T. I guess the good thing is that whenever she hits it she is likely to wear it longer than a couple of months.

thanks again

Vivienne
DD 7/03

kaitlinsmommy
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
My dd started wearing 3/3T right after she turned two. The sleeves were a bit long at first but fit well now. She can also still wear 2T. She is now 36" and has always been 90-100% in height. FYI - I bought her a couple Gymboree things in size 3 the summer before she turned 1 (cute ice cream stuff) and I'm sad to report they fit now. Time really flies & I have no regrets about buying ahead.

indigo
01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
>My dd started wearing 3/3T right after she turned two.
>Time really
>flies & I have no regrets about buying ahead.

oh good to know! I am glad to know other people buy ahead too. (that said, I *must* stop now as I am sure I will see new things that tempt me in the coming seasons. Anyway, I just bought the 3T outfit (J&J Aviary velvet overalls)... can't wait to see it!! thanks for everyone's help!!

Vivienne
DD 7/03

kaitlinsmommy
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
FWIW, it really does get easier to pass on some things as your dd gets older because you realize there will always be lots of cute things out there. Of course, I'm still a sucker for many things.