PDA

View Full Version : infant swimsuits: bikinis or one piece?

sdbc
01-19-2005, 06:46 PM
There are so many cute one-piece bikinis out there. Does anyone have experience with them with a 1-year old. DD will turn 1 in May, and I was thinking a bikini might be easier for diaper changes. How hard is it to pull a wet 1 piece up and down?

Thanks!

LisaMom2Allie
01-20-2005, 12:28 AM
I had always thought-(pre baby) that a bikini would look goofy on a baby, I thought the top would ride up and just not look right but I bought the croched Janie & Jack one for Allie last year and it was absolutely beautiful and VERY easy to change diapers and get in and out of. The top stayed in place and she got so many compliments on it. She did have a couple of one piece suits but the swim diaper seemed more obvious in the one piece. To me the bikini bottom looked better with the swim diaper. Just my opinion!

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

ellies mom
01-20-2005, 04:07 AM
DH isn't too keen on bikinis (the protective father thing), but acknowledges that like the PP said, it will probably be easier to changes diapers. We had a one piece last year for DD and I found that even dry it was miserable to put on and off. It was probably just the style; Old Navy has one that looks like it would be a lot easier. So, if you don't go the bikini route make sure the upper part has enough flex that you don't feel like you'll be snapping off limbs to put it on. What were they thinking?

mamagoosie
01-20-2005, 04:33 AM
Agree that 2-pieces are more conveninet. But I'd go with a tankini. Something about a bikini seems off on a toodler