PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for siaing on first Hanna Andersson purchase

lilycat88
01-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm getting ready to take the plunge and make my first Hanna purchase for Susanna. I'm not sure what size to get for clothes for the summer. I'm in Indiana so the weather could be summerlike in March or not until May and I would like her to be able to wear them until September. I'm looking specifically at the Under The Sea dress and capri set, one of the roomy striped rompers and the Rose After Rose romper. She's 6 1/2 months old and she's about 27.5 inches long and a little over 19 lbs. Do I go with an 80? She's a little long in the torso (that's where a couple of her inexpensive 6-9 mo Carters daycare one piece outfits are starting to get snug already).

Thanks for any help.

lctippins
01-19-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd go with 70s if I were you. According to Hanna's size chart, the height range for size 70 is 26-30". My DD is 19 months and 34" tall, and I ordered her an 80 in the Under the Sea dress/capri set. She's a little long in the torso too, but that hasn't been an issue with Hanna clothes. Last year at this time I was buying her summer clothes in size 80, and unfortunately it was all huge on her last summer. The good news is that she'll be wearing them this summer!

HTH!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

macassi
01-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I think the 80s would swim on her. I'd stick to a 70. My daughter at 18 months and 30 inches can still fit in her 70s, so I think you should be okay to the end of the summer.

C99
01-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I'd buy 70s. Nate got his first Hannas at 7 months and he was able to wear 70s until just after his 1st birthday.