PDA

View Full Version : Our Land's End/Gymbo fashion parade...

khakismom
01-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Got our first box of spring/summer goodies today. Does everyone get the same little high that I do when new clothes arrive at your door? :) Anyway, Ellen's swimsuit--the striped one from the SC line--arrived today (I had to do a save-the-sale b/c the store didn't have a 3T). I know it's hard to tell from the picture, but what do you think of the fit? I really hope she can wear this until the end of summer. I think it will, mainly because the skirt isn't even at her waist; it's sitting below it.

Ellen didn't get a chance to try on her dress from LE (she was in bed), but mostly everything was for Kathleen so she was very willing. All I can say is, I LOVE these LE clothes!! So soft and comfy and for a wonderful price! I may be ordering more, and eschewing Gymbo for LE (oh, the horror! ;))

OK, so give me your thoughts. Do you like them? Anything that should be returned? Thanks!!!...

Here's Ellen in *the* swimsuit we've all seen on all the other RL babies (you made me buy it, and I love it).
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20118.jpg

Here's Kathleen in the pink polka dot knit dress from LE (the hat is the terry cloth bucket hat that really goes with the peter pan collar terry shirt). Ignore her wild hair, it needs a cut :).
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20119.jpg

Striped knit dress from LE. I love these dresses and so does she (I got Ellen the orange-flowered one). I may order 1-2 more for Kathleen.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20120.jpg

Terry cloth shirt with the matching bucket hat. Kathleen said this was like wearing a towel. I'm debating getting another one for her. The bottoms are the Gymbo denim capris--love these too!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20121.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20122.jpg

3/4 sleeve shirt. Another cute shirt!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20123.jpg

squimp
01-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Awesome! I just looked at the new catalog yesterday, and your girls are wearing some of my favorites. I love the Naartjie-esque 3/4 sleeve T, the swimsuit and those cutie dresses. Such lucky girls! and they look so happy to be models :)

MariFP
01-19-2005, 11:28 PM
The are so adorable!! Love the outfits.

lrucci
01-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Maureen,

The girls look really cute in their new clothes. The SC bathing suit looks aborable on Ellen and I think it will fit her into the summer. She seems to have plenty of room.

I really like all the outfits from LE too. We ordered some of the same things, so it was nice to see them on a RL girl.

Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

Phoebe
01-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Too much cuteness! Ellen's belly, Kathleen's rosy lips and cheeks... oh yeah, and the clothes are cute too.

The bathing suit is adorable, and the LE stuff looks great. What sizes did you get for Kathleen in both the gymbo & LE? I'm always leary about ordering gymbo pants or skirts for Daisy because I think their sizing is inconsistant.

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

toomanystrollers
01-20-2005, 06:19 AM
Maureen,
I love the new LE stuff on the girls - and Ellen's bathsuit is too cute (must go back for it - LOL) :)

mykidzmom
01-20-2005, 06:51 AM
I LOVE the LE clothes!! I used to order from them all the time with my older children. They look like Hanna clothes to me. The swimsuit is adorable too. I may need to get Sara one, but they're probably all sold out!

Yes, I do get a *high* when a package arrives at my door!! :):):)

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Ohhhh, new pics of your girlies. They are cute, as always.

I love the bathing suit on Ellen. She looks so proud of her new suit. My fave on Kathleen is the striped dress. Talk about a bargain compared to the Hanna dresses, yet just as cute!! I'm loving those Gymbo capri's that alot of you mom's of older girls have and I like what you paired it with from LE. Cute stuff!! I'm off to look at my catalog again.

steph2003
01-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Could your girls be any sweeter?

I really love Ellen's swimsuit - I just think the little skirt is perfect & so cute on a toddler.

I especially like the soft terry shirt you paired w/the denim khakis & matching hat on Kathleen. That is just my style - girly & fun/casual!

ktdid74
01-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Wow Maureen! Love the LE stuff! Everything looks adorable- I wouldn't send anything back. I really like the dresses, too.
I bought the swimsuit in 2T and it was too small. Thankfully my Gymbo got a new shipment yesterday so they're holding a 3T for me (along with some smaller WFF pants). Great pics :)

vpalmer
01-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Maureen,

I know exactly what you mean about that high you get when a clothing box arrives. The swimsuit is adorable on Ellen! I have to say that I LOVE all of the pieces you bought for Kathleen from LE. I just ordered some spring clothes for myself, hopefully I will get a coupon with my order. :-) I think favorite pieces are the hat and shirt with the blue floral print. It looks so great with the Gymbo capris. Hmmmmm, now the wheels in my head are turning!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

parkersmama
01-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow!! Amazing picks!!! I love them all! I think I'll just return that orange Gymbo 3/4 sleeve shirt and get an LE one instead since it is so adorable with the jean capris. Thanks!

Ellen in her swimsuit is just yummy! What a cutie! You're making me rethink my 2T purchases. How big is Ellen now?

I love the dresses but especially the striped dress. How cute! I might get it with the capri leggings from Hanna to go under it for spring and then she can wear it without them for summer. Are you planning to put leggings or shorts underneath?

And then the terry cloth...how cute is that!? I have been planning to get the terry cloth romper for AG in that same print. Now I know I *must* have it!! So cute and cool. :)

Thanks for sharing!!

khakismom
01-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Hard to believe, but I am ordering my 3-year old size 6 tops and size 5 bottoms. All the LE dresses are size 6, and the LE shirts are size medium (5/6). The Gymbo capris are size 5, but thank goodness for the adjustable waist or we would be sunk. I probably could've ordered a 4 in those and been fine too.

Just for giggles, she tried on a pair of her HMD pants that Ellen wears now (size 24m). They actually fit her! They look like clam-diggers (hit right below her knee), but they fit in the waist. :)

khakismom
01-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your sweet words Denise! Ellen is 34.5 inches tall and 27 pounds. She is wearing 24m and some 2T now. I figure it will be 2-3 months before she can start wearing the spring/summer stuff, so I am getting her 3T size to last. Plus, she is really tall and has a long torso.

For the dresses, I am planning on getting the Naartjie eyelet capris to go under these. I figure they go with everything. But I LOVE your idea of putting some Hanna colored capris under it. Fabulous idea!

You will love the terry cloth--it is scrumptious! I debated on the hat--because sometimes Kathleen won't wear them--but she loved this one and it just made the outfit. The terry cloth is just really soft and will be nice and cool during the summer heat.

vikivoly
01-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Your girls are just the cutest and Ellen is quite the model. I love the LE stuff. My favorite is the last outfit. All the pics of the SC swimsuit has me thinking we NEED another one for DD. She looks so cute! :)

karin4
01-20-2005, 12:41 PM
These girls just could not be cuter! That SC swimsuit is fabulous on Ellen-- the colors and the little skirt look like they were designed with her in mind.

And the LE dresses are so sweet on Kathleen! Like several PP, my favorite is the striped one, but the pink is really cute, too. If you haven't had these dresses before, you're going to love them. They wear wonderfully and are so comfy.

c2lane
01-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Your girls are so cute! I love their hair!!! That SC swimsuit is my favorite and looks great on Ellen. The striped dress and last outfie on Kathleen are 2 picks but all looks cute on her too!

Carrie & Dillan Rose 01/02/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/1/0/0/-8/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 12 months

AdoptChina
01-20-2005, 01:09 PM
could they be any cuter!!!! I love Ellen's little buddha belly....and Kathleen's pink cheeks! I am thinking of ordering the dress in the blue floral and/or pink dot, the hanna-esque shirt and the terry shirt in green or blue.....gotta make up my mind! also like the skorts and the shorts they have in the catty

parkersmama
01-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Oooh! Good idea! Naartjie white eyelet capris or Hanna colored capris?? Decisions, decisions. The colored capris would be cute but not nearly as versatile. I like the Hanna square knot sundress and have already been debating whether to go with the Hanna capri leggings or the Naartjie pants for it! LOL! Maybe I'll get one of each and try them out. The Hannas are definitely a more casual look, IMO. But the naartjie ones are just so cute and feminine! What a dilimna!

khakismom
01-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Susan, be sure and post your stuff when you decide! I did order the khaki shorts too but they are on backorder.

starrynight
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
It all looks great!! I love the striped dress :).

zuzu
01-21-2005, 06:02 AM
The girls are adorable! I was hoping to narrow some of my LE choices, but now my list is even longer! Grrr. ;)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

mary b
01-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Maureen,

the girlies are adorable as ever!! I really like the bathing suit on Ellen and I love the last top for Kathleen.

Great pics! Hope you are feeling well!

MARY
mom to Noelle and Lindsey

vpalmer
01-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Maureen,

Like Denise, you also made me re-think my purchase of the 2T swimsuit. I was on the fence anyway but seeing this picture of Ellen in the 3T seals the deal for me. I called my store and they are holding a 3T for me so I can exchange the suit. Thanks again!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

jpang
01-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi, Maureen,

Your girls should be Lands End models, they look so cute in the stuff. Those dresses are great. I keep debating whether or not to order some for DD-- your photos are definitely making them more tempting.

Thanks for posting!

vpalmer
01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I just went to Land's End and discovered that my two favorite pieces are not even available in a 2T! The two shirts and hat are for big girls only. I guess that explains why you bought them for Kathleen and not Ellen. You have to forgive me, I can be a bit dense sometimes, and I don't even have pregnancy as an excuse so nobody start any rumors. ;-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

khakismom
01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Wait! The 2 shirts do come in little girl (2T). Here is the blue shirt:

http://tinyurl.com/5f9ws

And here's the 3/4 sleeve shirt:

http://tinyurl.com/4qdrj

As for the hat, I bet the XS/S would fit Eva. I got Kathleen the M/L.

See, I can help you spend your money! :)

vpalmer
01-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Woo Hoo! I don't know how I missed that. Thank you so much. I love the blue shirt, but I think I may get Eva the same pattern with the pink flowers on it since she is a pink addict. I am a little confused about the hat sizing though. Eva has a huge head and the last hat I bought her is the S/M (3-5 years) in Gymbo that fits 20-20 1/2 heads. That size is right in the middle of the Land's End hats. So if your DD's head is right under 20" do you get the small hat or big hat? :O I guess if that is my biggest problem all is well!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

andie16
01-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Both of your girls look gorgeous (and happy)-as always! I don't post too often, but I really do love seeing all of the beautiful children in their new clothes.

Andrea and Daisy (9/23/03)

heidi_timms
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Maureen,

I looked at the pics earlier, but didn't have a chance to post. They look so cute in their new Gymbo and LE goodies! Kathleen is great at posing-just like a model! I would love to see Ellen in her new LE stuff too!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

urbanmama
01-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi, Maureen!! I looked at these pics the other day, but just didn't have time to post.

Kathleen and Ellen are soooooo cute, as always!! They are always such happy, cheerful little models! I usually have to bribe Anneliese and Ella Paige already says, "Nooooooo clothes, Mommy!" when I pull out a new bag of clothing.

Well, I just love everything you bought for them. I think I'm definitely going to order the shirt Kathleen is wearing in the last picture. It is so fun. And I really like the terry cloth shirt and hat. How cute that is! The fabric seems odd to me, but I'm tempted to try it since you like it so much. And I really like the Hanna-esque dresses. I think I'll definitely get that striped one. I can't believe that you got Kathleen a 6! I wonder what size I should order for Anneliese.

Ellen is precious in her new swimsuit. I'm so glad that you ordered it for her.

I really think that I'm going to order some things from some different places for the spring/summer. Lands End, LL Bean, Garnet Hill, and Hanna (of course) have some really cute offerings this year. I think I'm getting really sick of Gymboree. This last Gymbuck redemption about did me in. I'm getting soooo tired of the whole Gymboree game.

Thanks for sharing your purchases!

khakismom
01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Marie, you are too kind! Kathleen's hair *really* needs a haircut, it's looking a little too like Diana Ross for my liking.

I agree with you completely about branching out and trying some new lines this year. Gymbo just hasn't done it for me in a long time. Same with BabyGap. I really love what I got at LE. The new Garnet Hill catalog had some fabulous stuff. I end up reaching for the Hannas more than anything in their closets, so I figure I should get less of the other stuff and more of what I really love.

Be sure and post pics of whatever cool clothes you get for your beauties this spring/summer! :)