PDA

View Full Version : Babystyle Layette?

meshell
01-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Hi All!

I'm expecting my first baby in April and I'm looking at places to register for layette clothing. I like the feel of the pieces at Babystyle, but does anyone have any comments on the quality of their clothing? How do they wash? In your opinions, do they run small or large? I love that they have a few gender-neutral colors, since DH and I have decided to wait to find out the sex of the baby.

I have some of their maternity clothes and the quality is ok. I've seen their bedding and diaper bags with the babystyle name and I wasn't too terribly impressed (especially with the diaper bag...the quality seems poor). I loved the feel of the layette clothing, but I'm worried about how well it last and hold up in the wash.

TIA!
Michelle

ast96
01-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Michelle,

I had a few of the layette pieces (footed and non-footed rompers), and they held up well in many washings. They are still in very good condition. But they ran HUGE!! I had the 0-6 month size, and I believe my baby could still wear them at 10 months (29.5 + inches and 22+ pounds). He definitely did not fit into them *well* until he was around 4 months or 5 months old.

The good news is that when they are little and immobile, it doesn't much matter if the romper is big. When they are rolling/crawling/sitting, you want the romper to fit well.

HTH,
Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04