PDA

View Full Version : You made me love Hanna . . . I didn't want to do it. . .

MeredithsMom
01-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Ack! When I first came to these boards, I (like some others) didn't exactly get the appeal of Hanna Andersson clothes. With all the Hanna-frenzy here, though, I went and checked out the website. Okay, these hannas are cute...but nothing I need to have. What's the harm in ordering the free catalog? Make that "free" catalog, b/c now I'm going to have a life-long addiction like most of my reality layette friends. :-)

A conversation heard in our house last night:

Me: "I'm starting to understand the appeal of Hanna"

DH: "Uh-oh!!" [cross-reference earlier conversation; Me: "I don't get why everyone's so excited about Hanna," DH: "Good"]

Me: "No, just look at these zippers, and this little Under the Sea jacket."

DH: "Those are pretty cute."

Me: "And people on the boards say that they last a LONG time, that kids don't outgrow them as fast, etc."

DH: "So you could buy one zipper and have it last twice as long as another brand that cost less."

Me: "Yes! Definitely!"

And so it begins. :-) Of course, then I went and "played" with my Hanna cart and ended up with $188 worth of stuff (and I said I was "done" with my Gymbucks purchase--what is this "done," exactly???). I haven't ordered yet, but I don't know if I can hold out or not.

Should I thank you guys? Ha ha!!! :-)

AdoptChina
01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Bwa ha ha ha haaaaa....you're a goner now lol :)

parkersmama
01-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes!!! Another convert! Welcome to the dark side of baby clothing. LOL!

AvasMama
01-20-2005, 10:46 AM
LOL! This is *exactly* what happened to me when I started hanging out here. I had gotten a Hanna catalog that was sent to the woman who we bought out house from and I just didn't get it AT ALL. I thought the prices were nuts and I didn't see the appeal of the clothes.

Except... there was this one little set that looked cute. It was the opposite stripe set, and when I saw a code for 20% off I decided to order it. Well, soon after that, the new summer line came out with the rosy posy babysuit so I ordered that too. DH and I loved both pieces and Ava wore them to death (he loved "the rosy posy" as he called it so much that he insisted I order another one in 80 for this summer AND a rosy posy sundress in a 90). Soon we had a playdress, some jeeper/wiggle pants sets, and then it all went to h*ll this fall with the Chicka Chick and Little Red dresses, fleece jackets, and more.

And then if that weren't bad enough, I started trying the mama Hannas. I now have several s/s Power tees and the l/s Power tees in all but two of the colors they offer. Plus cafe sport pants and several cashmere sweaters from the winter sale.

So, believe me, it's only just begun!

Robyn & Ava

ktdid74
01-20-2005, 11:34 AM
You can run but you can't hide! Just wait until a code surfaces and it's all over ;)

MeredithsMom
01-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Ha ha.

At least I'm in good company, right?

Is there still a chance for a code? I got my first catalog but no code. I'm really thinking that I need a couple of zippers. Do your kids sleep in them? Meredith is finally out of the swaddle (at 5 months! though she's been in and out of it) and she hates sleep sacks of any kind. The mermaid look is not for her.

Luckily for me, my DH is a clothes horse himself and he really likes Meredith's outfits. At Gymbucks redemption time I even opened tons of browsers (the "view detail" screen) to make "outfits" on the computer and he helped me pick. Gotta love it.

jayali
01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
We should find the first Hanna poster and beat her up!!! Actually I got some as a baby gift from a great friend, who I yell at every chance I get. I too am adicted not only for DS but for me as well. As I sit here typing this I am in boot cut pants and scrunchee turtleneck. Oh where would I be without my Hannas?!

Bring on the code!!!

JLiebCamm
01-20-2005, 03:48 PM
The secret is to turn Grandmothers or other friends/relatives onto Hanna clothes and hint that they would make terrific gifts. I have already told my MIL how perfect the playdress/legging sets will be when Claire starts crawling and will continue to remind her!

ktdid74
01-20-2005, 04:01 PM
My DD sleeps in her zippers every night! The bad part is she's realizing she can unzip them now so sometimes I come in to her room in the AM and she's half naked :) Obviously you won't have to worry about that for a while! I think we have 5 pairs of zippers- they are so cute and soft! My fave is her pink dots zipper.

lrucci
01-20-2005, 11:11 PM
This forum is soooo dangerous. I had actually ordered from Hanna a few times before I started hanging out here. I was very pleased with the quality, but the prices were a little steep for me. I knew when I started posting in RL and saw all the Hanna raves that I would be ordering from then again. The spring catalog came out, ordered a few more outfits, and I was hooked.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03