PDA

View Full Version : Another Lands End Fashion Show

macassi
01-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Here's a couple pieces that I got for Abbie for the summer.

As mentioned in another post, I'm debating sizing the red dress up to a 2T as I'm worried that it'll be a bit tight in the chest come summer.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20146.jpg

I love the poplin outfit and the hat just makes the outfit -- especially when she wears it all the way on her head.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20147.jpg

Here's a favorite shot. I just love her smile! The squinting while smiling trait runs in my family. And, yes, she's holding the red panties from the dress. Her favorite color is red and she kept wanting to put the panties and dress back on.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20148.jpg

Here I caved and put the dress back on. Big brother Brendan wanted to pose with her. As you can see, the red dress is plenty long for her so the only question is the chest measurement. Hmmm...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20149.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20150.jpg

parkersmama
01-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Very cute! She is such a doll! I love the romper & hat...such pretty colors and it looks so sweet on her. I think I would size up in the red dress for the reason you said...the chest may be a bit tight by the time summer gets here. Plus, if the dress is a bit long she'll just get to wear it longer! :)

And I noticed Brendan's LE climber pants...love those things!

Have you noticed any difference in the quality of LE products lately? I haven't ordered anything from them since last summer so I'm just curious about how they are doing with their new ownership.

khakismom
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Abbie is such a cutie! I LOVE the red dress--I swear I could order this dress in every color/pattern. I agree about sizing up the dress. The size difference between the 2 sizes is probably minimal, but it does look a wee snug in the chest.

The romper and hat are adorable. You will probably get so many compliments on that outfit! And you're right, the hat does make it!

What a smile! :)

macassi
01-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I just realized that Brendan's shirt is also Lands End. Can you tell that I'm a bit of a Lands End fanatic? At least it's a bit easier on the wallet than my Hanna obsession!

I almost buy exclusively Lands End pants for my boys (jeans, cords, khakis) and I haven't noticed any difference with them. The rugby shirts this year were really thin and of poor quality, though. They use to have nice thick rugbys. I bought each boy a rugby for LL Bean instead and I was much more impressed with their offerings.

As for Abbie's clothes, I think the romper and the dress are great quality! I wouldn't hesitate to order them again, and I'd be tempted to get the dress in multiple colors. It's probably not as soft as the Hanna dress, but it's a substantial weight (but not too heavy) cotton and I think it'll hold up well to washing. I think for $17.50, you can't go wrong -- and Abbie will probably wear a dress almost every day this summer. She doesn't fit in pants since she has no waist and no butt, so I do a lot of one pieces and dresses. Overalls, a winter staple, will be too hot for the summer heat we get.

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-20-2005, 03:34 PM
That smile is just the cutest. I love that romper and hat and those colors are perfect on her. I'm definitely going to take a look at that red dress because I bought Andie the Hanna l/s red and white playdress and something tells me it's a better deal from LE, even though this one is s/s. I would size up on that one for Summer.

You DS is a cutie pie too.

lmladuke
01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
That plaid romper is really cute! I am waiting for my Land's End catalog - as I hate trying to find stuff on their website.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

lrucci
01-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Marci,

Abbie looks so cute. We just got our LE order today. I wasn't sure on sizes so I ordered a dress and a romper in 12-18 and 2T. What size romper did you get? There isn't much difference in the romper sizes, but a huge difference in the dresses. The 2T is 5 inches longer than the 12-18 month. I think I'm going to have to take them both back. The 12-18 month fits fine now, but I am also concerned about it being too tight in the chest. The 2T is just way too long. If Kyleigh cooperates, I'll take more pics tomorrow.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

Phoebe
01-20-2005, 11:48 PM
They are both so cute. What blondies.

I really like that red/white dress. It would look cute with red or navy saltwater sandals. I love anything nautical. And the rugby on your son is nice, is that LE too?

Mary
Daisy 3
Owen 18 months

a.k.a. Phoebe :)

macassi
01-20-2005, 11:57 PM
I got the romper in both a 12-18 and a 2T and in the pictures couldn't even figure out which was which -- so I figured I would definitely keep the 2T and return the 18 month. I figured that since they were so close in size, I could definitely size up on the dress -- which I got in an 18 month. I actually ordered a second dress in a 2T when I made my exchange order, because I liked the dress so much. Now I'm bummed, because there is no way that Abbie can handle 5 inches longer in the dress. I'd probably still keep the 18 month, but only one of them. I'd glad you told me, as I won't rush off to Sears to do any returns until the new dresses come!

The nice thing about Lands End is you can always hold onto the 18 month until it's time to wear it. If it's too small then, you can return it.

LL Bean has a cute twill sleevelss dress that I think I'm going to order. I might just get both sizes in that, too, since I'm struggling with what size to get her! The height on the 12-18 for LL Bean goes up to 32" which I think should be fine for her for awhile, but you just never know...

macassi
01-20-2005, 11:59 PM
The rugby on my son is Lands End but it was from a few years ago and was a hand me down from my oldest. I've seen the rugbies in Sears stores this year and I'm not impressed with the quality. If you're interested in a rugby, I would recommend LL Bean instead. I love their shirts. Actually, I might have some 2T Lands End rugbies (different patter) if you're interested... I was just going through my box and weeding out the "boy" clothes. I'd have to double check.

zuzu
01-21-2005, 05:46 AM
They are both adorable! Thanks for posting the pictures of Abbie--I'm still trying to decide what to order, and whether to go for the 12-18 or the 2T. Sarah does the squinty smile too. :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

zuzu
01-21-2005, 05:48 AM
5 inches longer--yikes! Thanks for sharing that Lisa! I'm trying to decide on sizes too. . .

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

urbanmama
01-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Marci,

Oh, isn't Abbie just a little doll? And Brendan is such a handsome guy!

I *love* Abbie's new Lands End clothes. You and Maureen have convinced me that I need to place an order soon. The red & white striped dress is adorable. I love it and that isn't the color that I would have picked originally.

I love the playsuit too! I'm debating between the one you chose and the one that appears next to it in the catalog. The other one appears to be seersucker though and I'm not sure if I want that or not. What size did you buy for Abbie?

macassi
01-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

I ordered both the 12-18 and the 2T playsuit for Abbie and I am going to keep the 2T. They are almost the same size.

For the dress, I got the 12-18, but it fits really well right now in the chest, so I reordered a 2T but someone mentioned that is huge. I'll post a comparison of the sizes when the dress comes since so many people seem to be debating the 12-18 vs. 2T sizing dilemna with me!

andie16
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Both of your children look adorable. I love the LE clothes and am curious to hear more about the sizing difference between the dresses. We have two 2T playsuits from the overstocks page that will work great (although I like the one your DD has even better!), but the 2T dress (different style than yours) is too long (DD is on the short and chunky side!). I may keep it and see how it works as a jumper in the fall, but may have the same issue with the chest being too tight. I saw LL Bean has some cute cotton dresses too so maybe one of those would work for you if you decide the LE one doesn't.

Andrea and Daisy (9/23/03)