PDA

View Full Version : over the head t-shirts?

annag
01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I am expecting 2/25/05 and cannot for the life of me find the over head t-shirts recommended by Baby Bargains (for the pre-stump-fall-off period). Does anyone have any recommendations/thoughts on where to purchase these? Thanks!

AdoptChina
01-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Babies R Us should have some kimono style shirts that would work..but honestly, I just used onesies. I tried the shirts with my oldest son, but they always bunched up and bugged me lol

JLiebCamm
01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Mine were by Gerber and I think I got them at Value City. They weren't great quality but I only used them for 10 days so it didn't matter alot. I noticed that gap.com had some on the sale page for preemies, but I'll bet they'd fit a newborn for 2 weeks!

HHCs Mom
01-20-2005, 05:45 PM
What about just using the shirts they give you in the hospital to put on the baby? We collected a few of them while we were there and brought them home --- we paid for them anyway, so why not?? They are long sleeved and are kimono style (they wrap and snap) and are just little diaper shirts. We used them until DS's cord stump fell off and they were so soft and worked great.

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

shaygirl
01-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Another vote for the kimono style shirts. Gerber makes them in both short sleeved and long sleeved (with built in hand mitts), I've seen them at Target and Babies R Us. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

autumngrrl
01-21-2005, 05:53 PM
DS is due 2/18/05, and I bought my pack of Carter's at BuyBuyBaby (or was it the carter's outlet? Can't remember...)

I heard they're great for the 1-2 weeks before the stump falls off.

Best of luck!

annag
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all your responses!

On Friday, I finally found both side-snap and over the head Gerber brand tee-shirts at babies 'r' us (although those items didn't show up online at babies 'r' us they were in the actual store - I guess I'll have to remember next time that you can't find everything online!).

kozachka
01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
We got ours from JC Penny. I prefered the over the top tshirts for DS even after his stump fell off. No snaps to fumble with for diaper changes.

The ones we had ran big, almost covering his butt, especially in the beginning. So seams were not an issue. They also did not bunch up. DS did not move much though since he was all wrapped up for sleep, which he did a lot during the first two-three months.

Elena

Daniel 11/27/2003