PDA

View Full Version : Ladies I need help ASAP! Birthday dress dilemma...

sugarsnappea
01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Remember this dress,

http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/photos/images/fullSizeItems/10550.jpg

Well, it arrived today (after paying $7.95 shipping) and does not look like the picture. It has 2 layers of pinkish-reddish lace. It is not as cute as it looks, and is definitely not my style. Argh!!

I ran to Janie and Jack today and picked up 2 dresses. They are both silk, and the same price. Noraa looks equally scrumptious in both. I love each one for different reasons. Please help me make a decision. :)

Here is a popular one which looks beautiful on, and makes Noraa's blue eyes pop out. It is a bit long, maybe calf-length and gets in the way a little when she crawls. I bought a 6-12 month size.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17111.jpg

And this one, which looks like a perfect party dress. It hits right below the knee. I bought a 0-6 month. It is a tad tight in the upper arms, but I only plan on her wearing this dress for the party and for her pictures next week.

http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/2088/infinite/www.janieandjack.com/media/images/products/20041006_LOAD/1000-00148_Image_Close_34a9f.jpg

I couldn't get any pics of a fashion show. What do you all think? Which dress do you think Noraa should wear for her first birthday?
Oh, and I still haven't found any shoes! Yikes! :)

MelissaTC
01-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I love that first dress personally. They are both really cute. The first makes me think spring though. But if it makes her eyes pop...

papal
01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Sorry the first dress didn't work out.. what a bummer!

My vote is for the first dress:
1. I love it more
2. You will get more use out of it
3. It seems more like a spring dress to me so you can use it a lot this spring!
4. Noraa will look delicious in it.

I do like the bow-sash on the red dress.. i have not seen it IRL, so i may be wrong, but it is looking a little busy and tropical?

I am sure Noraa will look adorable, no matter what you choose!

gour0
01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I like this one:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17111.jpg

heidi_timms
01-21-2005, 08:12 PM
I love the first J&J dress. It is so pretty and springy. My DD wore a similar one from Gymbo. Off white silk, but with cherry blossoms on it and it was so adorable on! If I had an occasion for a silk dress, I would buy that J&J one for my DD!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

AverysMama
01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I have both dresses for my daughter! And they are both beautiful!

I really love the red one, as its very different and bold. I think it would really stand out for a birthday. If I knew how to post pictures I could post one of my DD wearing it.

We haven't worn the "spring" one yet, as its for our cruise next week! But its a different style...more "Laura Ashley/english country" if you know what I mean.

papal
01-21-2005, 09:02 PM
oooh.. now i am curious. i bet the red dress is one of those that looks terrific when you put it on but you can't really tell that by just looking at it on the website.

to post a picture, click on the 'Click here to Choose your Attachments' below where you write your post. A new window will open. You have to choose your image file there (browse through your computer till you find it). Select JPEG file in the window and then select the checkbox that says 'Embed...'. Then select UPLOAD file. Thats it!

parkersmama
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Sorry about the dress. That stinks! When you return it you should make sure to state that it wasn't as it was represented!

Between the two J&J dresses, I prefer the first one. To me it just says, "I'm a wonderful one-year-old!" :D It is so feminine and soft and will allow her to shine! To be fair, I haven't seen the second dress on any babies so maybe I don't know what I'm missing!

parkersmama
01-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Ooh, yes! You must post it! We'd all love to see! Rashmi gave great instructions...it's actually very easy to load pics here. :)

AvasMama
01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
The first one! I think that dress is just stunning and I love that it makes her eyes pop.

Robyn & Ava

AverysMama
01-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks for posting the instructions! Here is Avery wearing the red dress:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20239.jpg

Both dresses are stunning, so you can't really go wrong with either one :)

lrucci
01-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Sorry about the first dress. I like both J&J dresses, but I think the first one would work better as a birthday dress.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

papal
01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh my!! Avery is just BEAUTIFUL!! And I agree, that dress looks absolutely beautiful on her. Thanks for sharing a pic!

iluvmy2boys
01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I'd go with the 2nd dress for party/pics as it just looks like a classic little girl's 1st birthday dress!! The 1st one is beautiful though and I'm hoping you'll keep it so she can wear it all spring/summer!!

jvbucks
01-21-2005, 11:14 PM
I really love the red one...but I'm a bright color type person! LOL I cannot believe your daughter is only wearing 0-6 month sizes still! Mayzie was wearing 18-24 months at a year!

Whatever you choose, I'm sure she will be gorgeous!

dules
01-22-2005, 12:27 AM
For a January birthday, I like the red J&J dress (and I'm SO sad the other one didn't work out!). If it's really just for those 2 occasions, and if the sleeves don't bother your DD, then that would be my choice.

If you want to get more wear out of it, the first one is darling, would work for a birthday with a nice cardigan, and will be gorgeous in the Spring as well as in January.

Can't wait to see Noraa in the dress you choose!

Best,
Mary

sugarsnappea
01-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Thank you ladies. Noraa is a little above average on the growth charts, but these J&J dresses run big. I was surprised too that she fit into a 0-6.

Well, the red dress is more "me". I tend to dress my girls in bolder colors and prints. DH came home last night and said he liked the red one, but will wait for the fashion show to decide.

BUT-- the floral one looks amazing on. It is so beautiful. However, we do live in MI, and there are 6 inches of snow on the ground, and more is falling as we speak... But, does any of this really matter, both are short sleeved?

Argh! I will have a fashion show when she wakes and try to post pics. I am leaning toward the floral one because it works so well with her coloring and is a little different. We'll see... ;)

sugarsnappea
01-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Your daughter looks adorable in the dress. Thanks for posting a pic.:)

parkersmama
01-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Deb, after seeing Avery's pic in the red dress, I think you should go with that one! It is so cute on and definitely a terrific party dress! Can you save the other one maybe as an Easter dress?

parkersmama
01-22-2005, 08:31 AM
How adorable!! Avery is so cute and the dress is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the pic and welcome to Reality Layette! No more lurking, okay? ;)

sugarsnappea
01-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Thank you all for responding to my last minute call for help. We decided to go with the red one. But, I can't bear to return the other one yet, it is so pretty. Maybe Daddy can take us all out somewhere nice... LOL! We borrowed black patent MJs, but they lasted all of 5 minutes.

Here is a pic ... these are sometime after the sugar high... the party girl is pooped. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20454.jpg

parkersmama
01-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Deb, Noraa is gorgeous in the red dress! A perfect b'day pick!

zuzu
01-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Noraa is beautiful in that dress. Hope she had a great birthday! I remember seeing it in the store and wishing we had an excuse to wear it.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

bonbon98
01-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Noraa looks absolutely adorable - too, too cute!

Bonny
Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02

dules
01-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Happy Birthday Noraa!

She looks adorable!

What shoes did you end up with? They were, ehm, gone by the time you took this pic, lol!

Best,
Mary

AverysMama
01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
The birthday girl looks beautiful!

lrucci
01-25-2005, 11:01 PM
You made a good choice. The red looks so pretty on her. I hope you all had a great time on her birthday.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03