PDA

View Full Version : Talbot's Kids fit

C99
01-22-2005, 09:40 PM
How is the fit on toddler stuff from Talbot's Kids? Does it run true to size, a little small? I bought Nate -- a/k/a Mr. Monkey Arms -- a toggle coat for next year in a size 3, but I am wondering if I should have gotten him the 4. He's wearing a 2T LE squall right now, and it looks like it's getting short in the sleeves. I don't want to do that again to the poor kid next year.

iluvmy2boys
01-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Holden can wear a 2t in most brands but the 2 in a talbots kids comparable item is too short/small, so he HAS to wear a 3 (and there's not a ton of growing room, fits perfectly).

So a 3 I think will be too small next year and that you might want a 4.

C99
01-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Shoot! I was afraid of that... I did buy him size 3 pants and they look like they will work (his legs def. seem shorter than his arms), but I will have to go exchange the coat. Thanks for your help.

AdoptChina
01-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I think the tops run small...the pants seem to run more true to size

iluvmy2boys
01-22-2005, 11:50 PM
was gonna agree on this point - the pants do seem to run more true to size.

August Mom
01-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I agree that the knit tops tend to run smaller. In most cases, DS wears a size larger top in Talbots Kids than Gymboree or Gap. (I have found that generally after washing and drying, the tops shrink to the size of the smaller, unwashed item - i.e. a 24 mo. after washing is the same size as an 18 mo. before washing). However, we find their pants to run large in the waist. I'm really not sure about length because we can never get them to fit in the waist. On shorts, we've sized down to get the waist to work. In the coat, that's hard to say. We had a toggle coat from Talbot's Kids last year and actually sized down, but it was mainly because of sleeve length (DS's arms are short). The good thing is that if the size doesn't work out next year, you can still take it back.