PDA

View Full Version : So - Hanna basics ..... are they REALLY worth it?!

iluvmy2boys
01-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm planning on stocking up on some Hanna boxy tees (and boxy striped tees) as well as all cargo sweatshorts (LOVING that these look so boyish, I thought the sweatshorts last year looked kinda girly myself) except the green (don't like the green). I'm not gonna get ALL the colors or anything (but pretty close to it!!! LOL). I'm also going to get the A to Z short johns as my boys are BOTH so obsessed with letters.

So, am I crazy to go hog-wild on their basics?? Also, will I regret getting 90s (29lbs, 36.5-37in)? I considered getting the 100s, but I'm afraid the shorts will be MUNGO huge on Holden adn I don't want the shirts to look sloppy.

I'd LOVE to get the reversible sweater but it's backordered til April and by then, it's pretty warm down here and Holden really has plenty of sweaters. I've decided against the beachpants as DH says he didn't like the way they looked.

Am I missing anything that's a must have?? I considered the canvas shoes but have no idea what color to get (I LOVE the red but I don't think they'd go with everything, ya know?) and am not sure if I want slipoon or tied shoes.

help! LOL

macassi
01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
I think you're probably safe with the 90s for shorts. My boys have always been able to "size down" in shorts, even Brendan who is a built a bit wider than my very thin CJ. CJ could still wear size 4 shorts last year, even though his pants were a 6. In fact, I just had a general shorts drawer with shorts ranging in sizes from 3-5. They grabbed whatever and wore them, even though they can't wear each other's pants. CJ could probably still fit in many of the size 4 shorts and swimsuits again this year.

It's hard to say whether you're crazy or not to go wild on the basics. One the one hadn, they are extremely soft, interchangeable, and will last multiple years probably -- especially the shorts. Actually, Brendan is wearing some long striped Hanna tees for the 3rd year this year. On the other hand, my boys tend to run around and get dirty in the summer, so I tended to shy away from putting them in "good" clothes too often. I'm probably more willing to invest in nicer long sleeve shirts than short sleeve shirts for this reason.

jpang
01-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi, Jenn,

I actually think Hanna is most worth it when you buy the basics from them because they wear so well and last so long. We have several T-shirts, turtlenecks, and zippers from them which have served us well. I tend to stock up at the end of the season so that they aren't so expensive. (Turtlenecks at our local store were $9.80 a piece last week.) I'd rather spend $10 on a turtleneck that gets worn 20 times than $40 on a dress (since I have a DD) which is worn only 3 or 4 times.

Just my 2 cents. If I had a boy, I'd be in trouble, because most of his clothes would come fron Hanna. Have fun shopping!

iluvmy2boys
01-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks!! :)

I typically have only purchased zippers & long/short johns from Hanna and a lot of the "baby" stuff (Frog line, bugs, etc) and none of the basic tshirts/shorts.

I think what I should do is order the basics I want and just stick with those for now and see how the other stuff is selling (I REALLY REALLY want the reversible sweater though but he's got enough sweaters for now and I can't tell if he's still gonna be in a 90 this fall or a 100.

Thanks again! :)

wagner36
01-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I love the new cargo sweatshorts too. Unfortunately, I stocked up on the old kind in 90's for this summer already. Charlie is solidly in the 90's now, so he'll probably be in 100's by then, but I think shorts are one thing that you can always go a size smaller in. C will stil wear his 80's in shorts around the house right now, and they fit fine (although DH always sings the Nair theme song when he wear them - but they were shorter than the cargo's are).

Charlie also lives in boxy tees. I stocked up and bought about 10 in 100's for him for next winter, since that is about all he wears now. They wash so well, and they never fade.

I also love Charlie in the cropped sweatpants and boxy tees. He had two sets of those this summer, and it was my favorite!

iluvmy2boys
01-24-2005, 01:48 PM
wow, charlie must be a big boy (and a really cute one at that!!) There's no way the 100s in shorts would stay up on Holden - we still have a hard time with his love a bug pants which are in 90s staying up on his waist.

Well, now I have a new problem - Holden seen my catalog and seen the crab/by the sea stuff and he says he wants it ALL!!! I totalled it up (sans jacket) and it's $180 - which really isn't bad for 5 pants and 5 shirts and he LIVES in these things, even in the summer becuase they are so lightweight they can be worn inside in the summer and running errands, etc. He also wants the jacket, but yikes, he doesn't NEED another spring jacket!

So, do I get him all the tees and pants and then get some boxy tees and shorts?! ARGH!! He LOVES his love a bug stuff and just wants more, but I want stuff that's gonna make him look like a 3yo, not like a 1-2yo LOL

what to do?! ?!

shishamo
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm so with you on the new style sweatshorts! I'm so glad they redid them this year!

I would get 90s for the shorts and 100 for the tops. I find that boxy tees tends to run wide and quite short, so I always size up.

steph01
01-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Jenn... Hanna is always worth it! ;-)

I think that for shorts you will be fine with 90s, shorts are more forgiving for being a little big or small.

iluvmy2boys
01-24-2005, 09:41 PM
LOL Steph!

I posted over on GR in the hanna section about what I decided to do! LOL