PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's Kids Smocking

Little Ladybug
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
OK, I seem to be in a smocking frenzy this week! :) I'm just curious - Has anyone been to a Kelly's Kids party yet for this season? I'm going to one in a few weeks, and I'm eyeing this jon-jon:

http://www.kellyskids.com/kkids/spring_05/images/SPRING_05/CSJS4561_lrg.jpg

I'm wondering if the smocking is well-done. I have been pleased with my previous KK's purchases, but they have all been appliques (I think that they are introducing smocking for the first time this season). I'll be able to see it for myself at the home show, but I'd like to know in advance if the smocking looks cute IRL.

Thanks! :)

June Mommy
01-25-2005, 12:51 PM
I PM'ed you!!

SAHMommie
01-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Very cute! How much do their smocked jon jons run?

SAHMommie

parkersmama
01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I have a smocked dress from last summer's catalog and I just pulled it out to check the smocking. It looks to me to be hand-smocked and it's nicely done. The stitches seem even and it is back-smocked nicely. I think it's a pretty good quality piece. Hope you like the one you've got your eye on...it's adorable!

Little Ladybug
01-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh, good! I'm so glad that their smocking looked nice. I just loved the jon-jon in the catalog, but sometimes it's hard to tell from a picture. Thanks ladies!

To answer a question asked above, their jon-jons typically run about $50 or so. I have had very good luck with their outfits in previous seasons. They have held up beautifully, and I find myself reaching for them over and over again. They really are a nice middle ground between "very dressy" and "very casual." They also seem to run slightly larger than other boutique brands, which is helpful!

[June Mommy - I PM'd you back]