PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! DD is SHIRT-less!

lynettefrancois
01-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm in DESPERATE NEED of long sleeve shirts, but can't find any to fit my long waisted DD. She's 14 months. She has one 12 month shirt from Gymbo, and the sleeves are about an inch too short now. The 12 month Circo onsies from Target won't snap, and the 18 month onsie sleeves are about 2 inches too long. I guess her arms are short? I would actually prefer plain shirts instead of snap onsies, but haven't found any around here. Any suggestions APPRECIATED! She can't wear 80% of her outfits... :(

parkersmama
01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
It sounds like you need to go up to an 18mos shirt. I know that our Gymbo has *tons* of clearance shirts on the sale rounder and right now they are an additional 25% off. I don't think you'll have a lot of luck at Target because they seem to have moved out most of their winter stuff (at least here in the South). TCP and Gap probably both have lots of l/s tops on clearance, too.

dules
01-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Do you need undershirts, bodysuits or long sleeve tees? I like the Hanna Jeepers because they have easy to roll cuffs. I also don't mind rolling the cuffs on onesies from Gymbo so DD can wear them longer. She's almost 14 months and I bought her an 18-24 in the Reindeer onesie, which fits in the torso and I roll the sleeves. We use these as longjohns when it's cold and as regular shirts when it's less cold.

For regular shirts, I have a couple of 12-18 month Gymbo swing tops that, because they are swing tops, seem to last a bit longer than regular tees in covering her tummy/midsection, while the sleeves are still a reasonable length. My current favorites are fom City Sidewalk, Sunflower Fields and Apres Ski...have you tried any of these? They are longer in the body because they're meant to go with leggings, but today DD is wearing one in 12-18 that still fits her fine with jeans (hits at her high hip, about) and the sleeves are good to perhaps a tad short.

One that I would not recommend (unless they've changed them recently) is the Naartjie basics line long sleeved tees. They seem to run short in the body and long in the sleeves...and the sleeves have a slight "bell" which would be really cute if it fit (!) but it's hard to roll.

Hope this helps a little, and good luck!

Best,
Mary