PDA

View Full Version : HA zipper...french blue and clear green...too purple for a boy?

brittone2
01-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone...
I don't get to post over here often, but I'm a fairly recent HA convert. I had yet to buy a zipper, and without the code (sore subject, I know!), I decided I'd hit ebay instead. In any case, I ended up with a NWT zipper in french blue and green (I think clear green??). It is in great shape, but I can't help thinking the blue is pretty purplish. I think the contrast w/ the green (is that a complementary color? I forget...the opposite on the color wheel, I know that much LOL) makes it look more purple than it really is.
So I'm torn...should I resell or keep it for DS? It is only for sleeping in but I keep looking at it and thinking it looks so purple.

Do any of you have this zipper for a boy? We've got a turqoise/red striped gently used zipper coming as well and I'm looking forward to that one. I'm on the fence about the french blue.

parkersmama
01-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh, yes, I think it's boyish! I would put it on my dd but I would wonder if it was too boyish for her. LOL!

papal
01-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Yes, I would put that on a boy.

Also, I was just putting them side by side and the LE zipper playsuits (now $9.50 in overstocks) in size 6-12mos are almost exactly the 70 Hannas.
The knit is really great quality. The only thing is that the arms don't have cuffs and the leg-cuffs are not that wide or great as the Hanna zippers.. but for $9.50, I can deal with that! :)

ETA: Also, the LE playsuits don't have the flatlock seam which makes the Hanna stand-out imo.

Saartje
01-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I have that one. It never occurred to me it might not be boyish, so I think you're in good shape.

Btw, green is a secondary colour, next to blue on the colour wheel. Orange is blue's complementary colour.

brittone2
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
So you gals don't think french blue seems purple-ish? I guess I keep thinking it every time I look at it for some reason.

Thanks for the tutorial on colors too ;) I am not an artist that's for sure LOL. My point is that I think the green just makes the blue look purple-y for some reason. Or maybe I'm just crazy LOL ;)

ethansmom
01-26-2005, 07:30 PM
DS actually has 2 of these since they were on the $15 rack at the outlet!

Hmm...I guess I do think of it as being purplish, but I don't think it looks girlish. If it helps, my DH doesn't care for some of DS's HA items, like the Happy stripe/Hippity line, because he feels they looks girlish, but he likes those zippers.

I know (and love) that so many HA items are supposed to be gender neutral, but I do often hear that girls are mistaken for boys in HA - haven't yet heard of a boy being mistaken for a girl.

Enjoy your zippers!

LucyG
01-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Not sure if it's the same as the one you have, but we have a green/blue zipper from the Hanna outlet. I bought that one specifically because I felt it was gender neutral. My DD wears it (and maybe does look a tad bit boyish in it!), but I only buy zippers in neutral colors in case we have a boy in the future.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

luluc
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
I sure hope it is not girly b/c DH wears the long johns in French Blue/Clear Green every night! We have zippers and long johns in that color combo for the whole family. It is definitely gender neutral if not more boyish IMO.

babymama
01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
(grin)....DS looks great in those colors. If you don't want it, you could sell it to me (looking for 80s and 90s)!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

jdst1
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
We have that one. Both boys are wearing it, and I've also intended to pass it down to our daughter too. I really like that color combo.

Judy
Samuel-9/01
Isaac-2/03
Aviva-7/04

R2sweetboys
01-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I do know what you mean by the color looking sort of purple. We have it for my younger DS and I personally don't think it looks girly. I wouldn't dress him in a lot of purple, but this one doesn't bother me.
~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

brittone2
01-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone! I do think it looks purplish, but I don't necessarily think it looks girly if that makes sense??

I think we'll keep it. I believe it came from an outlet (I bought it NWT on ebay), but I don't mind as we have positively no hanna stores or outlets of any sort near me (philly burbs). Sigh.

Is this the zipper I read about on another post that has pilling issues though? Im just curious if that is the color combo from the outlet that people were having problems with?