PDA

View Full Version : keds-like sneakers for toddler boy?

AdoptChina
01-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Other than Gap, where can I find some plain keds like sneakers for Connor? The Gap ones are really thick up front (worried about tripping) and the Stride Rite only has the baseball keds. Id like to find a place he can try them on since he has a wide foot

thanks!

iluvmy2boys
01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Awww come on, we LOVED the baseball keds last year, so much so that when Holden outgrows his current shoes, I plan to buy him a pair!!! LOL Right now he has a pair of white leather keds with navy stripes that are velcro, and we got them at Stride Rite, are you sure yours didn't have any other style?

Also, Keds tend to run bigger and wider than other brands so we had to size down 1/2 size and get a medium width shoe if that helps.

kalebsmama
01-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Kaleb had a pair of Keds from the Stride Rite Outlet summer before last. I did see them there the last time I went - maybe 3-4 months ago. Kaleb also has a wide foot and I loved them! They have white, tan, red and navy.

pritchettzoo
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Do you have a Stride Rite Outlet near you? Ours has Keds in red, navy, and khaki for $14.99 a pair. They also have the plain white and the leather white ones.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

AdoptChina
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
there is an outlet an hour away....sounds like I may have to make the trek out there one of these weekends

sarsah
01-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Ask at the Stride Rite store, they should be getting the white or colored ones in. They come in wide sizes too. My DS#1 wore the red ones two summers in a row (different size each summer) and they were sooooo cute. He also had a pair of the navy ones at one time.

We also had the Baby Gap ones once (found them on clearance for $4.99). These wore better and lasted longer than the Keds ones and we didn't have any problems with tripping. DS was around age 2 when he wore them.

I got mine at the Stride Rite Outlet store and also the Keds store at the mall (it's since closed, though). I am just about ready to make another Outlet trip. Both my boys have WIDE feet and it's so hard to find wide shoes for a reasonable price, especially for DS#1 who now wears a size 13.

Sarah......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

AdoptChina
01-26-2005, 07:29 PM
All 4 of my kids have needed wides. Ryan not so much anymore, but the other kids still do. Makenna wears wide in mary janes, but some Stride Rite sneakers she can wear a medium. So I haven't been able to order her keds b/c I dont know if she would be a medium or wide. I'm assuming the baby would be wide since all of his SR shoes are.....but Im still not sure about length lol
This is why I wanted to do it in person :)

The Gap sneakers we saw weren't like the thin soled velcro ones, but more like the really chunky keds that the older girls wear. Connor tried them on and did ok, but at 19 months old they still may be a bit thick