PDA

View Full Version : My Hanna Code idea

inezyv
01-26-2005, 11:54 PM
My idea about the Hanna code is this: is it possible that those codes are just going out to zipcodes or people who never ordered from Hanna? If so, that explains why none of us are getting the codes. I have never seen a code on one of our catalogues, btw. I check various boards like this one for that info.

My idea is that someone here needs to order a catalogue for a friend or relative in an obscure zip code. Perhaps Hawaii or Alaska, perhaps in a neighborhood that isn't a typical Hanna zip.

What do you think?

I'm trying to think if I know anyone who might be a candidate.

sugarsnappea
01-27-2005, 07:27 AM
I tried this. My Aunt placed an order for me in November. Last week all she received was a catalog with a sticker that said "thank you for your order". Argh!

parkersmama
01-27-2005, 07:56 AM
I think the codes usually come on catalogs that people who've never ordered request. Therefore, placing an order doesn't get you one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've quit doing the codes because of the way we've all been sharing them on the internet. They were never intended for wide use. The codes were for first-time customers as an incentive to buy not for them to share with the world over the internet.

zuzu
01-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Well, I signed up my mom in Vermont, and told her to be on the lookout for a discount sticker. She hasn't gotten her catalog yet. Maybe I'll send one to my friend in Canada too. Code or no code, I'll be ordering at least a few things in the next couple of weeks.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

MeredithsMom
01-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, I've never ordered from Hanna (gasp! but baby's only 5 1/2 mos.) and I requested a catalogue about two weeks ago. It came with no code!!!

cric
01-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I've been getting catalogues for a while and have never ordered. I've never gotten a discount sticker. I have gotten a few things from the stores in Woodfield & Oakbrook though. But I've only given them my address once (and I didn't get that nice instore coupon some were talking about either).

stella
01-27-2005, 11:03 AM
I feel sure that this is correct. We all know that the codes weren't "meant" for us, so I guess we should just be grateful for that one great year of Hanna discounts and move on.

It does put a damper on my buying, though!

emmiem
01-27-2005, 11:08 AM
I have been buying Hanna for 15 years and have never received a code. I use to order by phone way before the internet! Hanna use to accept your used clothing back in exchange for getting a credit on your account for 20% of the purchase price! I use to love doing that.
Michele

brittone2
01-27-2005, 11:58 AM
We also have never ordered directly from Hanna. I usually buy on ebay and my MIL buys some for us. I wanted to wait until DS could fit in 80s that he would be in for a while before spending a lot on Hannas. I was prepared to order this time if I got a code...but my catalog arrived sans code unfortunately.

jayali
01-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I totally agree with pp and believe that the code was an incentive for first time buyers. I bet they were using it to increase internet/catalogue sales. I am grateful that I got to use them and am resigned to the fact that there will probably be no more codes. What does make me mad is no free shipping deals and no stores in New Jersey. I can't even take advantage of a sale rack. Guess I will have to go back to Baby Gap. Oh well the it was fun while it lasted!

ett
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I've never order from Hanna before but have been receiving their catalogues for a while now. There was no code in the latest one.

indigo
01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I had never ordered from hanna before coming to these boards and requested a catalog... no code on that one either. I do think that it would still make sense for Hanna to do codes for loyal (rather than first-time) customers. J. Crew does that for corporate customers, and in fact encourages people to forward the code to friends; J. Jill also sends out e-mails with 20-25% off exclusively for online purchases. Besides, there are ways now to restrict codes to one-time use only. Seems like if they time it right (e.g. after Christmas, or end of season) they could definitely get business that they otherwise would not see.

So, how can we convince Hanna to give us a group code??!!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!

wagner36
01-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't know. I'm a pretty prolific hanna shopper, and I got the code last fall. I did not, however, get the 50%-off-one-item-at-the-store coupon that most of the Chicago mamas got last fall - at either my work or my home address (although the work one could have been taken by someone in the mailroom). I'm on the mailing list in both locations, since I generally ship everything to work.

So, I think at least a portion of it is random, because otherwise I would never have gotten a code....

sntm
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
I remember this. I somehow got the catalogs in college or med school. They gave the used clothes to charity. I thought that was awesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 19 months and count