PDA

View Full Version : Care of Hannas

AbbieF
01-27-2005, 06:28 AM
So, just curious do you wash and dry your hannas just like all your other laundry or do you do anything special- hand wash or hang dry? I know the tags say to wash and dry with like clothes and that clothes are supposed to shrink. So, what does everyone do? I had recently gotten my first order with the Flower Box dress and when I hand washed it I couldn't believe the amount of red dye that came out, is this usual?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

sugarsnappea
01-27-2005, 07:20 AM
I wash and dry my hannas once before wear. After that, I put them in
the wash with the girls regular laundry. I always hang-dry or lie flat to dry everything(except underwear and socks). :)

parkersmama
01-27-2005, 07:58 AM
I wash and dry mine like normal along with everything else pretty much. I do usually put a Shout die catcher sheet in with new Hanna stuff just in case those bright colors run.

JLiebCamm
01-27-2005, 08:05 AM
I wash and dry mine too. I hate having kids clothes that need special care; they get dirty too easily and frequently!

MariFP
01-27-2005, 08:27 AM
I wash and dry with all her other clothes. I will lay flat to dry a sweater or something more "fragile", though. Not just Hanna but any of our delicate clothes.
And I use Oxiclean or Shout if it is too dirty.

zuzu
01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
We put ours in with the regular laundry, and haven't had any problems with anything bleeding or shrinking more than it should.

We got the flowerbox dress for next year, so I'll try to remember it might bleed. Thanks!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

LucyG
01-27-2005, 08:48 AM
I wash ours with DD's regular laundry, then dry them on low for about fifteen minutes to knock out a bit of the dampness. Then, I hang them to dry. It sounds like a pain, but it's really no trouble.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

DDowning
01-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Like others, i throw them in with C's regular wash. I will wash on gentle cycle, warm water and low-heat dry. The only thing that I have been really disappointed in is the fading of his wiggle pants that were in the ultimate blue color. They became ultimate purple.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-27-2005, 11:01 AM
I was them the first time separately in warm. I just can't bring myself to use hot water like they say to. I do put them in the dryer.

After that I wash with her regular laundry in cold, and dry in the dryer.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

macassi
01-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I either wash in warm (which is really lukewarm to cool) or hot (which is really warm) and dry on medium. If I'm doing only Hanna's, I tend to wash on hot like they say to. I haven't noticed any fading issues, and I have never had a Hanna item bleed. The only experience with bleeding and Hanna was when Brendan wet his bed (who's the idiot who bought him red sheets???) and the red from the sheets got on his long johns. I was actually able to keep washing the long johns and get all the red out, which was great because it just about killed me when it happened.

C99
01-27-2005, 03:24 PM
I wash according to the tag directions. All of them say to turn inside out, so I do that after spot-treating the stains. Then I wash on either cold or warm, depending on the directions in the tag. I do wash them in regular loads with Nate's other clothing. I put everything in the dryer unless it recommends drying on low or the stain didn't come out, then I hang dry.

khakismom
01-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I wash my Hannas almost exactly as Caroline does:

"I wash according to the tag directions. All of them say to turn inside out, so I do that after spot-treating the stains. Then I wash on either cold or warm, depending on the directions in the tag. I do wash them in regular loads with Nate's other clothing. I put everything in the dryer unless it recommends drying on low or the stain didn't come out, then I hang dry."

Except I dry everythiing on ultra-low unless I'm being really careful of shrinkage. Sometimes the playdresses shrink a little too much for me. If I am being cautious with shrinkage, I hang them to dry. But normally everything goes in the dryer on low.