PDA

View Full Version : Are Gymbucks starting Monday?

Ohio_Mom
01-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I heard a rumor that Gymbucks start back up again on Monday. Anyone know if that's true? If so, do you think WFF will be back up to full price then? That line's got to go on sale (as opposed to promo discount) soon, right? Maybe when a new line is introduced? I wonder when that will be, and what it will look like!

Sorry... Just having a Gymboholic moment there. LOL.

Suzanne

Kimberly H
01-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Suzanne, there was no news at work tonight that we were preparing for Gymbucks again but that's not unusual. I bet Gymbohaven/Gymborebel wil know before corporate announces it to the stores! ;)

Joshuasmommy
01-27-2005, 10:58 PM
The 25% off sale ends Sunday and Gymbucks earnings is supposed to be from Monday until Feb 27.

jubilee
01-28-2005, 12:51 AM
The rumors I hear are that Gymbucks earnings will start on 1/31 and run through February. The new Easter line is scheduled to come out Feb 7-8-9th (conficting info on that). And then a new line will come out for Gymbucks redemption in March. I sure hope the newest lines will be on sale plus have gymbucks- my fingers are crossed!!

parkersmama
01-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Oh, good grief!!! Gymbucks earning for a MONTH? I'm sick of them. :(

iluvmy2boys
01-28-2005, 08:00 AM
OMG this is soooooooooo crazy!!!! I'm beginning to hate gymbo, it's way crazy all the sales they have and gymbucks, etc!!

bah - maybe they'll actually come out with something decent and SPRING LIKE for Southeastern VA - I'm sick of winter clothing!!!

JLiebCamm
01-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I used to get so excited about Gymbucks time, but lately it has started to occur to me that it really isn't any better than the 'take an additional 25% off' sales (unless they run the two simultaneously). If you have to spend $50 to get $25 off a future $50 purchase, that's $25 off $100, or essentially 25% off. Am I missing something? I understand that there are times when both sales overlap (especially COF time), but if they don't, then is there any advantage to them? I ask this because I'm tempted to buy alot of GWL things now and think that I might be better off buying them while the 25% sale is going on and saving the hassle of Gymbucks return/exchange problems. Any thoughts?

MeredithsMom
01-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I was just coming here to ask the same thing!!! I have only earned and spent Gymbucks once, but I was telling DH the other day that it's essentially 25% off, unless I'm missing something. The thing is, you focus only on the redemption when buying them, really, so you get psyched about the "50%" you are saving and forget about what you had to buy to get the Gymbucks.

I'm getting SOOO tired of all this, and my baby's only 5 1/2 mos. LOL.

jennifer_r
01-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm getting less and less excited about gymbucks. If I happen to earn some during the earnings period, good, but I am not going to buy anything just so I can have a gymbuck. You just never know if you are going to like or need anything when the new line comes out. And then you better like what you purchase because you're stuck with it.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif (http://gynosaur.com/bf_ribbons.php) 5 months and counting!

Sherry
01-28-2005, 09:02 AM
You're correct about Gymbucks only being 25%. For me, I only buy clearance items to earn, and for redemption, I only buy 1 or 2 new items, the rest clearance. Call me cheap, but I like to get my money's worth! There's also a rumor on Gymborebel that Gymboree will be changing their return policy soon, that the clothes bought to earn Gymbucks will not be allowed to be returned. If this is the case, I'll be buying less of Gymboree.

urbanmama
01-28-2005, 09:02 AM
You and me both!! The thought of even walking in a Gymboree anytime soon makes me physically sick. All of these constant sales and ongoing Gymbuck campaigns have really killed the joy of shopping (at Gymboree, at least) for me!

Tracey
01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Gymbucks are a joke. I think they appeal to the mathematically challenged. I never buy just to get the gymbucks. As soon as gymbucks were over, they did a 25% off which is the same discount the gymbuck people got. In fact, it is a BETTER deal if you didn't buy exactly in 50 dollar increments. The best promotion is the 30% off circle of friends (or whatever the new name is) plus gymbucks. That is when Gymboree will be seeing me next if at all. Their full price is wayyyyyyy inflated, so they run these sales to make you feel like you are getting a good deal. For instance, this WFF outfit would cost you $98.50! That's crazy! I see soooooooo many cuter outfits for half that price!
http://www.gymbohaven.com/wildfl72a.jpg

Samraelanelevi
01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
That is the same thing I heard. The new line will be an Easter line-typically the Easter line has fancier Easter dresses with all the matching accessories (hats, gloves, purses) and then some capri outfits. Normally I have never been impressed with Gymboree's Easter lines :( I am hoping this year they do something better than the past.

AS far as Gymbucks goes-I too am sick of them! For the next month I will only purchase the must haves or clearance items. I never go out of my way to earn bucks-not worth it. Plus for me the redemption limited time stinks. Sometimes the redemption line isn't my style and then I have all these gymbucks to spend-I would prefer that they have a program to earn gymbucks throughtout the year (like you'd get one for every $100 you spend-even accumulated throughout the year. Then they give you $10 or whatever to be spent when ever you want.) More like the GAP and ON program.

egoldber
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm with you. I usually buy clearance items to earn my Gymbucks. Even better, I try to earn Gymbucks with clearance items when there is an additional X% off promototion (which there usually is some time during the earnings period). I also very seldom buy things from a new line during the redemption period. Its much better to wait and buy the stuff on sale later. I do buy their basics, like the 2 for $22 leggings, during Gymbucks redemption because thats a pretty good deal. You do run the risk of things be out of "your" size, but honestly there is nothing I ever HAVE to have there.

AvasMama
01-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Yep, you're right. I never "got" all the fuss about GBs. I also tend to buy at 25% off or 30% off COF/FOG. After this last redemption when they wouldn't let me exhange a pair of jeans for another item the EXACT same price without losing my GB discount, I decided to skip them for good from now on. It's just not worth it!

Robyn & Ava

jpang
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I agree that I'd rather buy during the 25% off discount periods. Gymbucks are a hassle (all those restrictions). I am glad that I have a Gymboree visa card, however. Everytime the 25% off discount comes around, I use the card and get 30% off.

The only time I buy during Gymbucks is if a line I like is already heavily discounted. Otherwise, I'll just wait for a permanent reduction or the 25% off sales.

The other thing I've found is that in some of the stores near me, I think other mothers are playing the Gymbo game where they will buy things full price in case they sell out, then return them later during redemption or Gymbucks earnings. This actually works out well for me because several times I've found things that were previously sold out-- and now they're discounted as well. That moment of, "Hey, look what I found! And look at the price!" satisfies the bargain hunter in me.