PDA

View Full Version : how does Babystyle stuff run?

nicknack
01-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Small/big? Better for skinny babies/chubby babies? They still have that big sale on and I was thinking of getting some things for Brooks for next winter. I'm thinking I should get 2T, but I have no clue.
He's 14 months now, birthday in November, wears 12-18 in most things, but he's probably closer to a size 18 month. You think 2T would be good for a year from now?
Any hints?
Thanks!
nicole

kelly ann
01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Nicole-

I found that some of the Babystyle brand "softest" t-shirts ran on the small side. I believe the pants were a little long, but DS has DHs short legs.

C99
01-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Nate's gone through chubbier stages and skinner stages (he's actually squarely in the middle now) and Babystyle softest line fit him well through it all. IMO, the shirts run small and the pants run true-to-size or possibly a bit large. Just about everyone in my playgroup bought according to this as well. I suppose it depends all on how your child carries his height/weight. Nate has very long arms, but not long legs. I didn't buy him any Babystyle Softest tops this season, but he's just about to grow out of the Babystyle Softest pants that we have in size 24M. He wore the 18-24M shirts and the 12-18 pants last spring. He's 35" and just under 29 lbs at age 2, which is 50 percentile for both height and weight. He's maintained those percentiles since he was about 4 months old.

HTH.

bluej
01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
My experience is pretty much the same as Caroline's. Ryden is 50% for weight and height and so far the pants have run true to size and the tops small. The sleeveless romper I'm a little confused on. In the picture it shows it as full length on the child, but on Ryden the 18-24 is somewhere b/w his knees and ankles (clam digger length perhaps?), but very roomy width-wise. Even if it's not suppose to be this short, it's still very cute, but sadly probably won't still fit as we get closer to summer.

babymama
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Nicole,
My son is 14 months old too! I bought 3 pairs of pants from the babystyle sale. 2 were the Tough Guy Cords in size 24 months, the other was a pair of the softest pants for this season (12-18 months).

I stuck with 24 months (and a shirt in 18-24 months) based on my experience this year. I bought a bunch of 18 months pants that Santiago isn't going to fit into before the end of cold weather here. He's not a small kiddo - consistenly in the 70-80th percentile. Currently, he's 24+ lbs and I don't know how long (about 30 inches is my best guess), and I find all our 18 month pants (no matter what brand)are too long and too big in the waist. So based on that I decided to go with 24 m pants vs. 2T.

BTW...The thing that I didn't like about babystyle's website (this was my first order) was that I didn't see a sizing chart ANYWHERE - talking specifically about the sales pages.

I'll post again when the package arrives (probably today, as it was supposed to be here yesterday according to the package tracking link they sent me) to let you know how the pants look size-wise.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

nicknack
01-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh, Brooks was born on the 18th! Funny.

Sounds like they are about the same size. At his last appt, he was 24.5 pounds, so I'm guessing he's at least 25 now. I find that with the 18 month pants too. And come to think of it, I ordered some Babystyle stuff a while ago on clearance, and the pants were 18-24 month and they STILL look big now.

C99
01-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Lydia,

There is a Sizing Chart graphical link next to every "Choose an Item" pull down box on each Babystyle product page. http://babystyle.com/common/popup/sizechart.asp?chart=1

lisak
01-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I think it depends on what you are buying. Their softest short and long sleeved tees run short, and the neck openings are small. DS was wearing size 12-18, so I ordered shirts in that size, and I couldn't even fit his head into the neck opening.

The sizing chart nor was customer service very helpful, so I ended up returning all of the shirts.

Probably depends on your child's size.