PDA

View Full Version : Underpants for skinny boy

kozachka
01-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Where can I find underpants for a skinny 21 lbs boy? DS is doing pretty well with potty but it's a struggle to put a diaper back on him so I was thinking of putting him in underpants for when he is awake. Training pants and pull-ups are supposedly not a good option for the training. Right now he is running around the house with just a t-shirt but I don't like his naked bum on the floor if you KWIM.

I looked at a few stores and it seems that most of the boy ones start at 2T/3T for much heavier guys. DS has almost no tummy. 6-9 Gymbo pants fit him perfectly in the waist (but are way too short). Any brands, maybe European, that I should seek out?

Elena

Daniel 11/27/03

trumansmom
01-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Many underpants shrink ALOT. Also, you want them to be a bit loose at first so he can learn to pull them up and down. I would try the cheapos at Target first and see if he's ready.

Also, you might not want to buy a ton to begin with. I went out and bought a ridiculous number when DS first peed in the potty. It's now been a year, he's still not potty trained, and he's outgrown all of the first batch!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kozachka
01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Thank you for the advice, Jeanne. Just got back from Target. Got DS Spiderman underpants. I would have rather bought plain white Hanes, which are preshrunk, but they were out of size 2T/3T. The once I got look pretty small, maybe even too small if they were to shrink much further. They are supposed to fit 29-33 lbs and DS is at the most 21 lbs. Will see how they fit tomorrow morning.

This underwear business is addictive. LOL. Should have known based on how many pieces I own for myself :) I also got another package of white briefs from Marshalls, which were on sale for $2.99. And three character ones in 4T. Could not help it, they were just 50c each. Figured DS will grow into them at some point.

I think DS is ready or almost ready for potty. He's been consistently asking to poop since just before his first birthday. And he'd pee every time you put him on the potty if he needs to go since... can't even remember, at least 6 months of age. He also knows to answer "yes" to the question "Do you want to pee?". Today he was running around the house in just a t-shirt and slippers without an accident from 6:30 AM to 1 PM! And he HATES when I put a diaper on him. It takes two people to get it on him without tears. So it's less work for me to just have him in briefs. Hope his interest in potty lasts.

Elena

Daniel 11/27/03